Changing CD Player e46_MF functions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

integramania

Club Guest
Hi guys,Is there a way to retain the MF steering wheel functions once you replace the CD player with an aftermarket one? I heard there's a module you can buy to get it to work?Tx

Depends on which type of HU you're looking for. You definitely need a module to retain MF functions if you're opting for branded ones such as Pioneer, Kenwood etc. Selected HU (like what posted above) are able to retain the MF functions without the need to obtain a separate module.

Oh ya sorry i forgot to mentioned...aside from the one with the touchscreen that you have anaksarawak. I'm more inclined to wat wingzee mentioned...Pioneer/Kenwood... was told those modules are also pretty exp...

But I supposed its only the volume and track skipping functions that are on the MF steering right? anything else? can it select the artist from a mp3 usb?

The add on modules plugs in directly to your MF plugs with no splicing required. all functions which are on your MF are the same. Meaning if your mf has no buttons for say the function to search which eg your pioneer remote has then you wont have it. you can check on ebay or amazon audio sellers normally have. quite a number of reputable brands.

Thanks bro...will check it out

slyder;767158 said:
The add on modules plugs in directly to your MF plugs with no splicing required. all functions which are on your MF are the same. Meaning if your mf has no buttons for say the function to search which eg your pioneer remote has then you wont have it. you can check on ebay or amazon audio sellers normally have. quite a number of reputable brands.

Top Bottom