Change Rubber on Windscreen Edge?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bavarian auto quoted me 398 for both the rubber trim and the moulding below the wipers. they say there is a risk of cracking the windscreen if replacing without removing the windscreen. i guess the price by anthony is ok since he guarantees the job. will be changing this thursday. will share some info then. cheers!

at the place recommended by SMI and it also happens that I know this guy as he fixed my cracked windscreen for my previous cars some years back. it's in subang.

EuJax;528859 said:
Hi,

I was thinking the same but was told by Ingress Auto that it risk craking the windscreen when we change the rubber. It does looks abit lousy but it doesnt cause any leakage apparently, just wind noise on high speed.

Just sharing what i was told...

Regards

Hi, i have been told d same story la bro..it might crack the windscreen.. unless it is insured,they will replace with the new one..sounds a bit sweet isn't it? i am thinking of replacing the ugly cracking one without removing the w.screen with wira's rubber temporarily, since i didnt get my windscreen insured.. just to make it look better...may be doing it after the next insurance renewal....still thinking..

just done mine at dsg near tawakal.. without removing of windsreen.. RM100 labour.. superb deal..

alantiong;558565 said:
just done mine at dsg near tawakal.. without removing of windsreen.. RM100 labour.. superb deal..

i did mine in beepee, costs me around rm120...

mick123;528219 said:
hi guys, any one know where i can change (around Subang or PJ area) the piece of rubber at the edge surrounding the windscreen without having to remove the windscreen? it's all cracking and peeling off and looks ugly.

cheers!

You can try at Sunway area too, 019-262-8482, Markat Low

Top Bottom