Change Rubber on Windscreen Edge?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mick123

Club Guest
hi guys, any one know where i can change (around Subang or PJ area) the piece of rubber at the edge surrounding the windscreen without having to remove the windscreen? it's all cracking and peeling off and looks ugly.cheers!

same as mine..rear windscreen rubber..i lost them all..AV said need to order & take a weeks..

JB i know Dr Cermin can do it. it seems like dr cermin got few branches in Malaysia so can check it up.

Rear rubber can be replace without take out the windscreen, but the front i think can not.

tx for replies. like that problem lah. i have always been cautious about removing the windscreen coz afraid it will leak later. any good workshops to recommend that do good jobs putting the windscreen back especially the resealing part?

Hi,

I was thinking the same but was told by Ingress Auto that it risk craking the windscreen when we change the rubber. It does looks abit lousy but it doesnt cause any leakage apparently, just wind noise on high speed.

Just sharing what i was told...

Regards

If u google the oversea forum, there have record that they able to replace the rubber without take out the front windscreen.

Mick 123,

Call Anthony (018-2288879)l and ask him... he is a nice person and honest person.
He does very good job and has his shop in Subang.
Don't forget to mention that BMWclub members recommended.

tx SMI. quoted 650 all in to change the rubber around the windscreen and the other piece at the bottom of the wipers. this is without removing the windscreen. reasonable?

The bottom part alone cost around rm200. so if rm650 for front-rear consider cheap.

bmw7833;529093 said:
The bottom part alone cost around rm200. so if rm650 for front-rear consider cheap.

no lah. it's only for the front windscreen and that piece below the wipers.

mick123;529217 said:
no lah. it's only for the front windscreen and that piece below the wipers.

rm650 still consider reasonable for me as all the materials alone cost more than rm450.

actually come to think of it, you guys are right. that price is ok and the DIY is a bit too risky since the rubber cost is already so much. time to go change :)

Did you bring your car to see him?. if no ,i think you better arrange an appointment to see him. you can check elsewhere if you don't feel comfortable with the pricing. My personal opinion he knows his things very well.changing the from windscreen together with the rubber its RM1K. Other shop will ask more than RM1K even RM3K also got.

i am hv an appointment to do the same job (front windshield molding) with a BMW official agent in Jakarta Selatan today. I know the place where it is to be done is not relevant, but I think the experience we can all learn from. i will post my report later.

bxxxxaj;529724 said:
i am hv an appointment to do the same job (front windshield molding) with a BMW official agent in Jakarta Selatan today. I know the place where it is to be done is not relevant, but I think the experience we can all learn from. i will post my report later.

Can you show us pictures of how it's done? :rock:

I was wondering, how does E39 in Jakarta look like compared to our Malaysian models. How much is the price of the car in rupiah and how did you pay for it?:wink:

Please share the pics of your ride with us! I am sure 1, u. Share your experience with us all, please!:wink: Thank you......:burnout:

Sorry to everybody. I did go to the workshop this morning, but being saturday I was told that there is not enough time to complete the job. So as not to waste the trip and single digit queue number, I went ahead with oil service (petronas syntium of course!!) and other bits and pieces including full diagnostic test. I need to re-sked the windshield molding replacement job. As for snapping pictures of the process, i hv to check duriing my next visit but a bit doubtful with the possibility as the working area is completely out of bound unless the owners are invited into it for a brief join vehicle inspection. I watch the cars from a viewing room cum waiting room.

The UDM in indonesia are either silver or black where black being a more popular choice. Malaysians are more coulurful and adventerous. That being said, my ride is also black, stock standard E39 520i M54 Apr2003. All UDMs here are either CBU or CKD. I dont think they allow 2nd hand imports or re-cond cars.

People buy cars either paid in cash or a very short installment and interest rates are high. I paid mine cash 2 weeks ago for around RM60k. Car prices are cheaper than Malaysia but I think spare parts and petrol are about 25 to 30% more expensive. Cheap Indonesian labour is a MYTH!

Top Bottom