Change Engine on E46 2003 (local)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SBB

Club Guest
Dear AllJust took my car out, and was told that my engine has water sip into it again. Since this is the second time, it was advise that to change the engine (2nd hand, potong)Questions:A) How much cost estimation? Roughly.B) anyone knows where to find a shop (in kl/selangor) who sell these engine and most reliable.Thanks

Oh ya, forget to tell u that my engine is N42 318 I.
Another question, can I put in bigger engine? If the cost not much different....why not....an comments

Rgds

SBB;614078 said:
Oh ya, forget to tell u that my engine is N42 318 I.
Another question, can I put in bigger engine? If the cost not much different....why not....an comments

Rgds

Tis need to ask the mech la since urs was N42 engine maybe your gear box all diff with 6 potter engine. Off cause u can put in bigger engine since urs also E46.
Why not u ask ur mech first.

I finally decided to change the engine (half cut) after having faced twice water leak to engine.
Now RM7,400 poorer ....just have to bit the bullet.

Yeah, still N42 type. The only thing that makes me happy after loosing RM7.4K is the pleasure of driving the UDM.haha

bro my car is having a problem like you also...may i know where you change your engine?

fahmi313;659880 said:
bro my car is having a problem like you also...may i know where you change your engine?

If change engine then better think of M54 2500cc or above. BMW car abit heavy so have to put bigger engine. If dont have money then can think of M52 single vanos but power abit low and the price is 50% lower than M54.

tweiboon;660690 said:
If change engine then better think of M54 2500cc or above. BMW car abit heavy so have to put bigger engine. If dont have money then can think of M52 single vanos but power abit low and the price is 50% lower than M54.

Do you how much it cost to change to M54 2.5cc or 3.0cc?

Top Bottom