Central Lock and Key Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nimy

Club Guest
My car right now having difficulty using manual key maneuver as key can close but can't open back. Where i can solve this problem? As this problem also effect my central lock right now.

you mean get stuck to open ? or turn clock wise, but dun open ?

sensor at key area rosak or the Relay module fo rthe central locking kong, located at rear seat squab, green or black colour..

your key side door you open up will open that door only right ? the rest wont open. then it's the module.

right now even the right door also can't open with the key. So do i need to change the key part now?

I have the similar problem b4.Try to open the door with the key and pull the door lever at the same time.it works for me last time.huhu..

Greeting to all forumer.

Just to share my experience last sunday. took my car out to buy cigarette. arrived the shop my drivers door cannot open. other doors okay. normally when switch off engine, all doors will be unlocked but this time my drivers door won't unlocked. can't even pull the that black thingy up to manually unlocked. its kind of stuck or jammed. so have to get out from the co-pilot door. went to an accessory shop, see if they can do something. they cannot but advice me to go to nearby paint workshop. also cannot help. said cannot get spare part on sunday.

so get back home to search the internet on what actually happened and how to overcome. found a few suggestion/ solutions. tried all and failed.

So today went to ahkeong workshop at ara damansara. asked him if he knows what the problem and whether he can do something. he said ok, can. hooray, at last someone willing to help or know what to do.

it turned out that the central locking gun malfunction. got to replace new one. not to mention my central lock is already modified version. he said the same as used in saga. what to say this what you get when you buy 2nd hand car. part of the car history surely be missing or unknown. To cut the story short. after nearly 3 hours (including waiting for spare part to come), it all complete/ finished. Now the central lock behave as usual. Ahkeong charged RM100 for all the work done (rm60 for part and rm40 for labour) and i feel its a reasonable price.

Hopefully, somebody with similar problem can learn from this in future.

I had the same problem with my E34. Drivers door could not open and had to get out through passenger door. Once in a while I'll get locked out of the car. Remote wont open the door and even manually inserting the key and turning failed.

I took to two BMW mechs. Nobody could solve it. Eventually sold the car off.

Top Bottom