Catalytic converter to straight pipe?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

automech

Club Guest
I have a modified 2001 Acura CL(sorry no picture) with an x-pipe and flow master exhaust system. I just recently removed both Acura converters and replaced them with a straight pipes. Besides emissions what problems can doing this create with the car? Any help will much appreciated..Thank you all...

side effects:
1. noise
2. possible ticket, due to noise.
3. depend on the installation, if didn't install right, air flow might affect oxygen sensors effectiveness.

Overall, not major problem.

post-cat O2 sensor : very unlikely to ultimately impossible
why?
CAT is to filter exhaust air. Having a O2 sensor after a filter is a waste of time. :)

sorry i meant my previous accord comes with sensor after the cat. took out the cat then the light came on. got to put it back.

if after the extractor (after market cat-less) straight pipe will be noisy? what if no middle box? any back pressure problem?

the sensor after the CAT is downstream O2 sensor, to monitor CAT efficiency.
If removing the CAT give you problem, a "hack" to the O2 will solve the problem.
Downstream O2 sensor has very little to do with Engine performance.

Sorry LeForte. There is a post-CAT o2 sensors. :)

turbology;302271 said:
post-cat O2 sensor : very unlikely to ultimately impossible
why?
CAT is to filter exhaust air. Having a O2 sensor after a filter is a waste of time. :)

having a o2 sensor after the cat is a waste of time, impossible??

GO check your facts before you start posting. if you know nothing about or have no experience about what is ask, dont post and stop misleading others.

turbology;302655 said:
the sensor after the CAT is downstream O2 sensor, to monitor CAT efficiency.
If removing the CAT give you problem, a "hack" to the O2 will solve the problem.
Downstream O2 sensor has very little to do with Engine performance.

Sorry LeForte. There is a post-CAT o2 sensors. :)

all post 96 cars are required to be obd2 complient with vehicle emissions monitored. dont know how that works? go google and learn from a reputable site. and stop copy and pasting your answers from them.

I did say E46 has post-O2 sensor.

Copy and paste answer ? lol. Good try thou.

Is true that post-cat O2 sensor is waste of time. The reason is there is due to OBDII requirement, and stricter emission control in US & Europe.
Malaysia have no emission control, why do we need one ? Waste of time !!
And I said impossible is because I forgot about OBDII.

Top Bottom