Catalytic Converter E34 24V

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Interesting discussion, for those who obtained improved performance and save fuel, is your car comes with the O2 next to the CAT? What happen to the O2 sensor when you remove the CAT replacing with the bullet tube?

Wan520...how r u bro? u also thinking of removing it? I also was like asking here asking there....then I just did it...No regrets lar...mine is like urs....M50B25....Actually mine also the tail pipes are damn clean....no carbon deposits lar after i changed the tips....tats wat they say healthy engine...but i still feel tat the consumption is pretty high....I cant really recall though....as for the sound, there is no noticeable change in the sound although u would expect to have it.

I did mine in Wai Heng (Puchong) and the job took about 1 hr

Zank for the e34s there is no O2 sensor...so its plug and play...only thing i didn't really like was because the two bullets we too big to fit next to one another, they hammered one slightly to accommodate the space

integramania,

I ok loh.., will be much better if the fuel price go down...

Is your car auto? got vanos? better or less pick up? mid power increase? top speed good?

Mine got 2 sensor.., in fact just replaced it new few months back...damaged RM600.00 for bosch brand.

Thanks....for inputs.

Now fuel down 10cents d...hehe ...ya lar i also want better FC

Auto ...single vanos M50B25.... I feel better pick up ler....high havent really tested ...but i feel like overall better

Got sensor? near the cat?

When u coming to KL?

Is your fuel consumption also imrpove?

Pm me your phone no lah, when go KL call you..eh..got free dinner kuk..??? hehe.

Err...i dun drive the car often coz of the FC....lol...so i havent really "tested" yet lor...hehe

K will PM u

Any recommendation on a good bullet brand/make? so long as the noise level is as per original level & can help boost performance, i'm ready to remove my CAT too..I think the CAT in my car is already 13 years old..

Btw, how much is the overall cost incl labour???

Thanks..

Bro I did it at Wai heng in Puchong... no brand...it's their own produce....

I paid RM300 but he sed he gave me tat price coz tats wat he told me before...should be ard RM400 or something like tat since there are two bullets....

But only thing as i sed is they had to "flatten" one of them to be able to fit which i didn't quite like

integramania;360774 said:
Bro I did it at Wai heng in Puchong... no brand...it's their own produce....

I paid RM300 but he sed he gave me tat price coz tats wat he told me before...should be ard RM400 or something like tat since there are two bullets....

But only thing as i sed is they had to "flatten" one of them to be able to fit which i didn't quite like

I was quoted 470, reason; double bullet & stainless steel material, any thoughts???

integramania;360865 said:
Wat shop is this bro? Mine is the same specification as tat

My mechanic source for me..Not sure which shop..There's few brands to choose from..Bullets designed to ensure smoother exhaust air flow something lidat to improve smoother performance..just wana know if 470 is too high..

Btw, any other method to boost performance of sluggish 520 24V without sacrificing its reliability?? my mechanic dun favour any add ons or modification, he probably prefer the car to be stock standard...

Boba Fett;360901 said:
Btw, any other method to boost performance of sluggish 520 24V without sacrificing its reliability??

Yes.
1. Tune your car. - change spark plugs, timing tune(if any), change spark wires (if any)
2. Change new filter - Air filter, fuel filter, etc. You can restore as much as 2% in power with new filter.
3. Use a good bottle of Fuel system clearner. I recommend Chevy Techron. But dont' know where to find them. i would stay away from Waxco, STP, or general brand. Oil company brand like Shell, Esso, Mobil, Valvoline will be a better choice.

Hope this help.

Use a bottle today. Drove from Muar to Penang clocking 550km with less than a tank.(about 20% left)
I have a M50B25 in a E36. Crusing 140km+ and stopped at Sunway Pyramid for lunch ;)

Cheers

Boba Fett;360901 said:
My mechanic source for me..Not sure which shop..There's few brands to choose from..Bullets designed to ensure smoother exhaust air flow something lidat to improve smoother performance..just wana know if 470 is too high..

Btw, any other method to boost performance of sluggish 520 24V without sacrificing its reliability?? my mechanic dun favour any add ons or modification, he probably prefer the car to be stock standard...

I think RM470 is not tat high but could be cheaper at some shops like I've mentioned....if u go to Jaafar (JFA) in Sunway....maybe it will be even more...

By the way when i removed the cat converter my tips not have started to blacken with carbon deposits....before this it was so clean (new tips)....so dunno if this good or not...but i think my cat was stuck? and also with the bullet its free flow so all the carbon will flow out smoothly...

Top Bottom