carbon fiber 3m sticker(dinoc)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

noobie

Club Guest
Guys,i have done quite a lot of things on my car... and the last thing is the wrapping of the carbon fiber sticker on my interior panels. I went to racing fit and they told me RM850(i was like WTF, earlier 800, then press a bit, went down to 700, today when i was ready to do it, they said price is FIRM RM850). I was fuming mad.Then went to redzone, I was quoted RM500. Very happy... drove my car into the garage and the asshole told me they won't be taking out the door panels. They'll just stick it without taking the panels. Then i asked them will the edges peel off, they said YES. another WTF... the person in charge was kinda rude and perhaps he was on the verge of closing multi billion dollar deal, so left me with the workers. Had to wait for him and asked him again if he is comfortable to work on my car :banghead:. He said NO and left. Reason he gave, low value deal, not willing to risk the compensation and they won't take out the inserts. REALY ASSHOLE for wasting my time!!!I've manage to source the 3m dinoc sticker sheets but i'm not sure who has done it for LCI models? Anyone happen to know of someone who is good as taking out the panels and re-wrap it ?to date, i have spend about 20+k for the accessories :( (my wife is going to KILL me if she sees the bill)- new 4 pcs of csc3 SSR runflat(RM4k from SG!!, very good price, cos in msia csc3 non-run flat also cost 1.1k already)- Paint - 6k- side grill - 250(installation FOC).- honey comb grill(front, remove the old one) - RM180 (installation FOC)- 3M 10mil thickness head light & fog light protector - RM400- dvdinmotion - USD140 to allow DVD playing while car is in motion/moving- Wingard Regal 6mil tint(done @ BMW) - RM2.2k- Original BMW Carbon Fiber front lip splitter - RM2k (damm, looks good i must say :rock:)- bought a plate number for RM6k(market value @ 10k-12k).total damage to date - 21k. going to faint soon....i'm looking for msport rim cos one of mine is bent. Don't want to repair it. Anyway want to trade theirs or sell their rim(s), pls PM me. Thank you very muchie....noobie.

Bro noobie, that's the reason why I dislike Sunway shops. Most of them are just pain in the ass and bunch of rude people. If you step in with a Ferrari and let them slaughter, the service becomes different. Not only that, most of their things are absolutely over priced. I can find someone that could help you wrap original 3M Dinoc but you might need to remove the panels yourself (if you know how). This way it will cost way cheaper, I would say less than RM500 just to stick all the interior panels. The guy that knows how to stick does not know how to remove panels because he can help stick generally anything, from cars to PC to toilet bowls (just for laughs) :)

I got slash by redzone. An LCI e60 headlamp for RM 8k +, i still have the bill with me, and outside is selling for a mere RM 4k +-.
And their workmanship is like a DIY to me. Not pro at all.

bro,

so far the ones at sunway are not comfortable in taking out the panels. I lagi tak tau... i went to obermier just now and talked to freddie, he said he may know someone who can do a good job. he'll give me the contact later.

regards,
noobie.

aoch88;658180 said:
Bro noobie, that's the reason why I dislike Sunway shops. Most of them are just pain in the ass and bunch of rude people. If you step in with a Ferrari and let them slaughter, the service becomes different. Not only that, most of their things are absolutely over priced. I can find someone that could help you wrap original 3M Dinoc but you might need to remove the panels yourself (if you know how). This way it will cost way cheaper, I would say less than RM500 just to stick all the interior panels. The guy that knows how to stick does not know how to remove panels because he can help stick generally anything, from cars to PC to toilet bowls (just for laughs) :)

SMG330i;658184 said:
I got slash by redzone. An LCI e60 headlamp for RM 8k +, i still have the bill with me, and outside is selling for a mere RM 4k +-.
And their workmanship is like a DIY to me. Not pro at all.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I do know they sell things completely overpriced. While I understand that business is about making money, sellers should sell at a reasonable price/margin rather than upping everything 100% and double the price. For example those LCI LED markers, Redzone quoted me RM580 for Taiwanese made ones when I can get RM330-350 online in Malaysia. If I buy from USA, it would be even cheaper. Not only that, they lied to me saying that the whole headlights has to be removed to fix the marker which is not true. I can do it within a few minutes just opening the cap and replacing the bulb with the LED.

noobie;658186 said:
bro,

so far the ones at sunway are not comfortable in taking out the panels. I lagi tak tau... i went to obermier just now and talked to freddie, he said he may know someone who can do a good job. he'll give me the contact later.

regards,
noobie.

Sure boss and I think the panels are using clips so if the person knows the way, I'm sure it's quite straight forward :)

Ya bro, i trust the shop, so not going around looking for the headlamp. To be frank, i won't be mad if other shop selling the same item for less than 1k from the actual price i've paid. But it's almost half the price. Actually quite pissed off.

SMG330i;658228 said:
Ya bro, i trust the shop, so not going around looking for the headlamp. To be frank, i won't be mad if other shop selling the same item for less than 1k from the actual price i've paid. But it's almost half the price. Actually quite pissed off.

I normally buy from other accessories shops around KL except for Sunway areas :) The other day I asked about changing my exhaust muffler and believe it or not, a small tiny muffler box with workmanship costs RM2K+. It's just some stainless steel tong, a bit of welding and there you go, cut throat price.

aoch88;658273 said:
I normally buy from other accessories shops around KL except for Sunway areas :) The other day I asked about changing my exhaust muffler and believe it or not, a small tiny muffler box with workmanship costs RM2K+. It's just some stainless steel tong, a bit of welding and there you go, cut throat price.

Oh i see, because i'm not from KL, so the only place i know for car aftermarket parts is in sunway. So i guess no more next time. Maybe some window shopping only.. Hahaha.

Top Bottom