Car Wrap VS Car Coating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jerrynks

Club Guest
Hie all sifus,

im quite new to this scene and recently purchased my f30.

i was looking around for a way to protect my car and came across 2 solution. These 2 solutions are

1) Car Wrap - Ghetto or motorsport playground
2) Gzox Car Coat

As the price for both are approximately the same, i would really hope if any sifu out there can assist to let me know if car wrapping brings any cons to the car?

My ultimate purpose is more to protect the car from stone chips and etc and have no plans to change colour.

Car wrapping seems to look promising as it seems more like a 'screen protector' kind where you can just peel it off if scratched or something and can apply back a new wrap

While gzox seems to coat the car with a extra layer of coats.

Dillema and hope any sifu can assist me with this.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon

If you want to prevent your car from stone chips, go with the car wrapping. The coating does not prevent your car from stone chips.

Car wrapping advantages are that your paint won't change colour (because the wrap protects it), you have a variety of colours, materials to choose from, and best of all, if someone does a minor scratch on your car (e.g. with a key or even with a motorbike), it damages the sticker rather than your original coat and paint.

Just saw an E90 325i and a Mazda Murano being wrapped at Motorsport Playground earlier.

p.s. also to add on, the coats that are advertised are normally in the thickness of microns. Based on that level of thickness, large stones still can penetrate through. Whilst wraps are thicker (measured in mm thickness). Some folks still prefer to go with the clear film wraps if they want to have the outlook of their original car colour as well. I know Autodetailer has done for a lot of their customers the clear wrap as well as coloured wraps too.

Anyone has pricing for the clear plastic wraps? Checked one shop, to clear wrap the whole F10... A staggering rm18k. Anyone knows of a better price?

Yours Faithfully (YF) said:
Anyone has pricing for the clear plastic wraps? Checked one shop, to clear wrap the whole F10... A staggering rm18k. Anyone knows of a better price?
Check out Jinggo Sticker at Sunway. Call 0182300311

u can check out :

UNIDIP PLT
G-16, jalan PUJ 3/7,
taman puncak jalil,
bandar putra permai,
seri kembangan.

the owner is a nice guy and his work is clean. his name is Chem.

on FB, try to search for : unidip pastel punk

cheap and affordable pricing. cheers

Top Bottom