Car won't start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

iedan

Club Guest
Hi all,A newbie here from Ipoh..just bought a 2nd hand 2.0 E46 2 weeks ago.Problem I had now is that the car won;t start.It satrted on the 1st week I bought it as sometimes I have to turn the ignition 2 or 3 times until it start..there's no sound or wahtever..before that after locking the car and leave the car about 10 minutes the lights on the signal start blinking and goes off and do it several times and what I do is that i just unlock the car and check whether is there any unclose lid ordoors but seems everything is Ok.now it get worsen as the car can't even been start.I'm cyrrently outsation and now only my wife handles it but she also have no clue... yesterday a mechanic came down and put his omputer stuffs and say that the alarm lock everything and he ask my wife to tow the car to his workshop and he looks at it but he didin't promise he can fix it..FYi there's a warranty from the dealer but when the formen from the dealer came he said he doesn't know what's wrong with it and FYi the battery is brand new.So maybe sifu, moderators,experts,mechanic can help me on this.By the way is ther anyone who knows where to find a good mechanic in Ipoh so I can do all the inspection when I'm back next month.Thanks

Use your spare key and try it.

Your key could be out of syn with the GM5 module.

Check your battery as well.

Dear Jarance,

The problem is I don't have the spare key as when I buy the car from the dealer there's only 1 key and about the battery it just recently been changed and verified Ok..anymore ideas guys???maybe on monday the dealers formen will come down and if he can't solved it I will call your guys memeber in Ipoh..If not mistaken Mr GodSpeed to help me...once I got the results will let you guys know...

Best things is to wait till you are back... normally problems as such will happen when you are away and your wife will have headache handling this.

Soon she will ask you to sell the car and get a Toyota. Lets dont go that direction ya.

The problem can be as easy as over filled with engine oil or your spark-plugs are old... or your starter have problems. Worse case senario is your ECU is coookooo

Buying BMW without sparekey is no no..

Pls call the mech and ask him to hold all test ... else he may just give you a HUGE bill in return, lucky they are from the dealer and you have warrenty

Hi bro,

Thanks for the sincere comment and when you said that don't change the car to Toyota actually I just sell my Toyota to buy this BMW and she regrets but I said no worries it's all up to the dealer so sit back and relaks..And FYI I'm keeping track on what there are doing from far2 away by phone so I get the update everyday and hope in few days it will be settle.Wish me luck and thanks for the concern.:top:

Car fixed

Hi all,

Look likes the problem solve but another problem occurs as when locking the car sometimes the signal light blinking for several minutes and stop or until we unlock or lock it back again...Look like the gave my wife a brand new key instead setting back the old key..hem...but by the way today my wife will bring the car to 1 of the forumer or BMW forumer workshop in Sunway Ipoh to have a through check...all the best for me...

so how is the car now bro? u brought it in ipoh ar? must be cheap ek? ehheeh! just wondering how come the seller didnt give u the spare key one?

There r 4 keys in total.. User manual did mentioned.

I insisted these key before paying deposit..

Hi guys,

Guess is not as cheap as in KL..I bought it for RM103,000 for year end 2003..SO I'm not sure whether it cheap or not..It's my wife, she likes the color (White)...By the way I'm the 3rd owner...The dealer already mention to me before I took the car he will supply me with the 2nd key but unfortunately before the key arrived I'm already in deep shit..ha..ha.. So now I already have 1 new key and plus another brand new one from the car dealer as promise because the old one fucked...So 2 new keys now .....:top: but what I will do is to get the wallet key(I guess) as well when I go back home..and as the 3rd owner I need to spend quit a lot just to make sure the car is in good shape...Cheers guys and thanks for the concern..will update on the works going to be done in Ipoh then through my wife...:wink:

i also ipoh mali. u did mention aworkshop in sunway wat's name n how's d sifu cause mine i go 2 new tecnic in falim but hell lot of car there?btw i live around that area too

Hello Wilson,

FYI I haven't even met tehm at all cause I'm still offshore and will be back only next week but my wife already met them..but accordint to my wife the location of the shop is where the rows of shop in the middle between going to Taman Perpaduan and Lost World..For example if you are heading to Giant and go straight there's 2 way either heading to Taman Perpaduan(Go left) or LOST WORLD(Go right) so the shop is somewhere in the middle of the junction....where sometimes people playing R/C helicopter or airplane at the filed... The owner is Mahathir but known as Mr Godspeed and the foremen is Saiful...I need to check what's their number...somewhere..I guess this will help u abit and do let me know if you need more info...

wilsonfoo05;434125 said:
i also ipoh mali. u did mention aworkshop in sunway wat's name n how's d sifu cause mine i go 2 new tecnic in falim but hell lot of car there?btw i live around that area too

Dear Wilson,

Some of workshop number that I got from the forum....Maybe it will help you :-

For workshop in IPOH contact Datuk Bandar Mr Godspeed at 016-2804835
You can try Ipoh Garage in Sunway City - Saiful (016-5406269)
New Age Auto, 05-2924563 or 019-5115401 (Mr Ng KK)

Cheers

iedan;434310 said:
Dear Wilson,

Some of workshop number that I got from the forum....Maybe it will help you :-

For workshop in IPOH contact Datuk Bandar Mr Godspeed at 016-2804835
You can try Ipoh Garage in Sunway City - Saiful (016-5406269)
New Age Auto, 05-2924563 or 019-5115401 (Mr Ng KK)

Cheers

Bookmarked!!

TQ 4 d info actually im planning 2 check my estima there.hope to tt wiyh u whenever u free cause we r ipoh mali ma:top::top:

Dear Wilson,

I also have a MPV but it's Honda Odyssey.And about the TT, I was thinking that we might join the other Ipoh guys as they always have a TT every weekend if not mistaken at Nasmir. You can always refer to the Forum under:- http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21111

Will keep intouch and hope we will meet soon.Ipoh Mali talak sombong..:top:

wilsonfoo05;434436 said:
TQ 4 d info actually im planning 2 check my estima there.hope to tt wiyh u whenever u free cause we r ipoh mali ma:top::top:

Top Bottom