Car shudder between 3rd to 4th gear shift.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

FIRZ67

Club Guest
Hi All,Previously I had sent this in Engine Tech forum.My ride is a 320 E90 year 2005. Recently had my problem with i highly suspect it is from the gearbox. Car feels shudder between 3rd to 4th gear and at moderate speed. Normally in between 40-60 kmh.Had my car fully diagnosed with GT1 at my mechanic and they found NO fault code stored. Check details like ATF level,AFM,ICV reading,spark plug and finally mounting for engine and GB but everything is intact.Need oppinion from u guys what could be the culprit or my gearbox life has come to its end.Any of members here that had the GB problems without any error code or indicator stored?Since my mechanic said that if the gearbox is about to fail,the indicator such as 'limb home' should have appear on OBC or from the GT1 diagnosis.Thanks.

I have a gear box problem without any error codes. However, mine is related to a fault in a gear level assembly. I am getting a new gear lever unit put in.

Hi Cobra,

Can u elaborate further about your GB lever problems?Just want to check if the symptoms is similar with mine.

My problem is with the gear shift lever is not functioning correctly (steptronic functions not engaging) - it is a problem with the components itself. Don't think it is similar to yours as the actual car transmission seems OK.

Top Bottom