Car Rental Price...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Drivenz@330

Club Guest
Just wondering how much we willing to put our car for rental?I always asked by my friend.. here the questions.Since you are always away, can you rent your car to me? I dont mind to pay RM500 per month for your MyVI.Understand this is a BMW Club, so lets assume you are working offshore and only back once awhile. How much will you rent your E34, E36 or E30 to your friend? If we to say no, but would like to suggest other make, how much you think a WAJA or WIRA will be per month? Is RM500 per month too cheap?Look forward to hear your views.

From what I understand, there are expats working with me renting local cars ranging from RM500 - 1000 pm. But if you ask me how much I'll rent out mine, I'd say no to a rental plan. Old cars need a little more attention when it comes to the driving style, people tend to rempit cars that don't belong to themselves. Just not worth the money if you ask me.

Interesting, as we can rent Proton for RM500-1000 per month. I wonder what are the term and condition of the rental? How nice if we can rent a BMW instead of own one since the resell value is so low

500 is a bit cheap for a decent Myvi, that's only about RM 16 per day. Assuming it'd be driven a fair amount and you'll still be responsible for insurance, maintenance, depreciation and wear and tear I don't really see how you'd be gaining other than helping a friend. Keep in mind these sorts of arrangements can cause a lot of strain on friendships if the car breaks down or gets damaged.

Last I checked, which was a while ago, Wira/Waja were like 1-1.3k a month all inclusive, with below 1k being Kancil/Iswara territory. Prices could be different these days but I doubt they'd go too low since car prices themselves are high in this country.

Since you asked, renting E30, E34, E36 is not really feasible as the cost of repairs could easily equal or exceed any rental income you could charge. And they would definitely need repairs, since as mentioned earlier, people always thrash rental cars.

Top Bottom