car kenot start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
well,came out from a shop,started fine but batt light ON and gear will not up shift and stayed in 1st gear all the way to my mum's hse which luckily is just 5 mins away.an hour later,tried starting...nothing!not cranking.batt good coz horn and light ok.next morning hooked up the pasoft .dme shows thermal oil level sensor(which has been there for a long as i can remember)so i made no concern of it and erased all errors in dme,gearbox and all related system.still no good.called ah foo and he gave a few advise....still no good.being ramadhan and car under hot sun....i gave up and called a flat bed.reached kayu ara.ah foo's loyal mechanic faizal attended to me.told him what i went thru.he went to the glove box fuses.found 1 fuse blown(can't remember which one).then went to the engine bay,disconnected the oil level sensor,replaced the blown fuse and voila......started right up.all this took approx 5 mins!he said a customer had the same problem and had his car towed all the way from Penang?!!!!!so it pays to send yr car to the otai shops and mechanics who have tons of experience on the UDM. ps. i have not replaced the oil level sensor as yet coz i have just recently changed my engine oil.to replace sensor,oil needs draining.will diy at next oil change. total cost :flat bed - rm0 coz under my insurance auto assistoptimum - rm0 as well.....he he thank you ah foo and faizal of optimum auto kayu ara

Moots, appreciate if you can send pics to locate the fuse and oil level sensor. If eng fail safe when no oil why no warning light meh?

Top Bottom