Car Hotel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemerx

Club Guest
Dear sifus,I remember reading somewhere in this forum that some BMW distributors offer services to "safe guard" our beloved dream driving machines if we are going away on long trips. Is there such a service available?Appreciate your kind advice & guidance on this matter :rolleyes:

pm your particulars, i shall come and collect. Thanks.

UDM Keeping Services Sdn Bhd

beemerx;512678 said:
Dear sifus,

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that some BMW distributors offer services to "safe guard" our beloved dream driving machines if we are going away on long trips. Is there such a service available?

Appreciate your kind advice & guidance on this matter :rolleyes:

What some of us do is to send our car for servicing and leave the car at the centre for the entire duration you are away. Collect your UDM when you return from your trip, car serviced and washed.

This was exactly what I did last week when I traveled overseas. Left mine at Ingress.

Prior to that, I did speak to my SA in Ipoh about the possibility of leaving my car in their care whilst I'm away and I'm told it should not be a problem. Didn't materialise as it happens my car was due for servicing just before I left :)

Hope this helps.

jazzler;512900 said:
What some of us do is to send our car for servicing and leave the car at the centre for the entire duration you are away. Collect your UDM when you return from your trip, car serviced and washed.

This was exactly what I did last week when I traveled overseas. Left mine at Ingress.

Prior to that, I did speak to my SA in Ipoh about the possibility of leaving my car in their care whilst I'm away and I'm told it should not be a problem. Didn't materialise as it happens my car was due for servicing just before I left :)

Hope this helps.

Hi Jazzler,

Thanks for your feedback bro.

How long did you leave your car in Ingress for? Did you tell them in advance that you will be leaving your UDM ler for the duration or just leave it there and collect it when you return?

Thanks for the idea jazzler! Ingress just sent out an SMS about their new 'Paint and Body shop'. Although I found out it's actually an outsourced shop in Kepong, the quality should be good if it passes Ingress' QC. I'm going overseas for a couple of weeks soon, so I may just send my unit in for some touchup work and 'hotel' it with Ingress. One less car in the driveway would be good. :top:

Schwepps;513465 said:
Thanks for the idea jazzler! Ingress just sent out an SMS about their new 'Paint and Body shop'. Although I found out it's actually an outsourced shop in Kepong, the quality should be good if it passes Ingress' QC. I'm going overseas for a couple of weeks soon, so I may just send my unit in for some touchup work and 'hotel' it with Ingress. One less car in the driveway would be good. :top:

Hi Schwepps,

Do you know whether they do repairs on minor dents caused by flying pebbles on the highway or those flung by grass cutters?

beemerx, none of the dealers has an inhouse body and paint shop. When I got the IA SMS, I thought they finally did, but when I checked, they said they send it out to an approved shop in Kepong. This means that whatever the outside shop will do, IA can arrange the job under IA overseeing and billing. Knowing our paint shops, got money anything also can mah.

I too have a lot of scratches on all the bumper corners caused by people bumping me when side parking, and a few blemishes on the bonnet. The fix would be to respray the bonnet and both bumpers. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't bother. But coupled with 2 weeks of free hoteling while there's only the maid in the house and 3 cars in the driveway, it's given me the idea to do it. Worth paying the attendence profit to IA for them to jaga it. :)

Schwepps;513562 said:
beemerx, none of the dealers has an inhouse body and paint shop. When I got the IA SMS, I thought they finally did, but when I checked, they said they send it out to an approved shop in Kepong. This means that whatever the outside shop will do, IA can arrange the job under IA overseeing and billing. Knowing our paint shops, got money anything also can mah.

I too have a lot of scratches on all the bumper corners caused by people bumping me when side parking, and a few blemishes on the bonnet. The fix would be to respray the bonnet and both bumpers. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't bother. But coupled with 2 weeks of free hoteling while there's only the maid in the house and 3 cars in the driveway, it's given me the idea to do it. Worth paying the attendence profit to IA for them to jaga it. :)

For chipped paint on the bonnet, do you think it would be better to just touch up the paint or respray the entire bonnet? My only concern on doing the latter is the ability of the workshop to match the new bonnet color to the original body color.

i believe IA will do the necessary QC to ensure customer satisfaction. IA will not outsource if they hv not found a good partner right..

beemerx;513574 said:
For chipped paint on the bonnet, do you think it would be better to just touch up the paint or respray the entire bonnet? My only concern on doing the latter is the ability of the workshop to match the new bonnet color to the original body color.

You can't really touch up metallic finishes, it'll look patchy. You have to respray the whole panel. If the condition of the finish on the rest of the car is good, you won't notice the difference. An IA approved shop should be using the right paint and clear coat, and have the right colour recipes. You'll pay a bit more to go through a dealer, but that's the peace of mind you get...plus hotelling. :D

Top Bottom