Can we buy singapore registered cars?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Iylia H

Club Guest
I'm wondering whether we can buy Singapore registered car, and the register it as Malaysian, like recon cars?

Iylia H;665925 said:
I'm wondering whether we can buy Singapore registered car, and the register it as Malaysian, like recon cars?

if u have AP bro.

any car in particular ?

there is one company that sells recon singapore cars at jalan imbi, next to the Honda Showroom, right infront of Dorsett Hotel

Are SG recon cars any better than JP or UK/Europe recons?

pussy;665943 said:
any car in particular ?

there is one company that sells recon singapore cars at jalan imbi, next to the Honda Showroom, right infront of Dorsett Hotel

actually for the conti's considered a good buys as the options that come along better than our local SKD/CKD spec...for the jap, not much difference..

furthermore, the milage is much lower...

pussy;665943 said:
any car in particular ?

I.c, it was a question from a friend of mine... and I had no clue what to answer. curiosity lead to this. hi hi ... thnx everybody

There were a chap on Mudah selling Sg export car. Last I checked, A 2006 E66 730li was asking 66K RM, W220 S320L 31K RM

I think it's an agreement between M'sia-Spore govt... U can't import cars directly from S'pore AND vice versa... But u can do it if the car has been 'legally' exported to a 3rd country before landing in Malaysia... S'porean registered cars sold here are not done legally, JPJ can anytime trace it down and repossess the car.

On another hand, u'll have no issues driving a Spore registered car in Malaysia.. U just have to continue paying the more expensive Spore roadtax and insurance. Insurance claim can be a bit of a hassle though.

paultantk;665974 said:
I thought legally we can't take in sg recond ?

from an old post of ZTH.com and this is what I heard before when was dealing with used parts and cars>>
" I've checked as well. The ONLY way you can bring in a Singaporean Car is IF u have a Special AP like Student AP. Those are given to those who studied there for more than 2 years and owns a car there, they can bring it back. However, if they do sell the AP to u, the registered name/owner must remain the original Student AP holder's name for the next 2 years or more. So, if u do get this type of AP, the car will not be under your name, and if the student file report against u, u habis la.

Wat i checked with these 'sellers' in here is that they say they can use Local AP's. u c...Local AP's Cannot bring in s'pore/thai cars. So, if assuming they can 'kautim' for u the registration of yr 'new' car from singapore, u will only get the JPJ pink registration card. But if there is a roadblock, n yr car is spotted to be a s'pore scrapped car, there goes yr hard earned money. your car will be confiscated aka SITA.

If you do register as S'pore plate, but cannot go into S'pore, if u DO meet an accident, or if your car total loss, or stolen, etc...or if u somehow got into trouble with the law...habis la. Your hard earned money gone. No insurance.
banghead.gif

All these risks for some savings. end of the day, u r actually driving an illegal car on the road with the possibility of losing it at any time. Even heard of a case whereby the car inside Workshop repairing oso, Kastam/JPJ passby, check, confiscated the car.

Even if u wanna use as track car, u need a geran...s'pore cars bawak masuk NO geran unless u beli AP Hantu. haha

Hope this helps."

fabianyee;665997 said:
I think it's an agreement between M'sia-Spore govt... U can't import cars directly from S'pore AND vice versa... But u can do it if the car has been 'legally' exported to a 3rd country before landing in Malaysia... S'porean registered cars sold here are not done legally, JPJ can anytime trace it down and repossess the car.

On another hand, u'll have no issues driving a Spore registered car in Malaysia.. U just have to continue paying the more expensive Spore roadtax and insurance. Insurance claim can be a bit of a hassle though.

The transit point is JP as-in; SG-JP-MY.
I did enquire abt bringing back my SG car .. not worth the hassle.

That's a new term = Kereta Piang ... Cars from SG that has been 'cleanse' and on MY's road. Applies to superbikes too ..

My good fren received a call from Kastam Malaysia - and yup - they went to his house to recover the car.

Bottomline - not worth it ..

Iylia H;n40775 said:

No. Malaysian AP holders can only import reconditioned cars from UK, Japan and South Africa.

Top Bottom