Can or Not - To Patching The Leaking Radiator Using Glue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Thank you every one for the feed back and advice.
For the sack of peace of mind bought the parts as pics below and waiting to be fix on next week.

UpSHh7w.jpg

qYZE281.jpg

Update some pics of my this post.

Drain out the radiator water before replace the new radiator
LVr6C4V.jpg

Dismantle the Radiator
eHF3kqi.jpg

Old Radiator removed and out
Ump5biF.jpg

New Radiator Sitting In
fzdyQEe.jpg

m6nMWyd.jpg

tiFQJZq.jpg

3JtNcaP.jpg

Before fill up the coolant do the final compression test after fixing the Radiator, Hose and Expansion Tank
s4a0hVj.jpg

KV90jBC.jpg

TFKTivl.jpg

Bro Astro Boy - Help help..... my F10 radiator has some minor leakage which I need to top up some water every 4-5 days (~200ml) and last sent to AB they recommend to replace the whole radiator which cost RM3300. Mind to share where u change yours pls? All good the replacement and workmanship? tks
astroboy said:
Radiator plastic failure usually occur at the top due to the repeat wet and dry cycle compared to the bottom where it's constantly submerged. Before it fail, it start to turn color to slight brownish from black.

Cooling component plastic once aged, will turn brittle, patching with glue is just a temporary measure because other surfaces will fail not long after that.

Changing of the cover is another option but we have left and right cover. Once your radiator is out of the car, it's advisable to replace both end cover and it may cost you 80% price to a new radiator if not more expensive. Furthermore, the radiator repair takes time, need to park car at workshop for at least half a day. I replaced mine for RM600. Brand new, kao time. 20 min job.. 2 x 1.5L BMW coolant already cost RM60 lor. Why waste nice coolant in a repaired radiator knowing it will fail again..

Lucas271 said:
Bro Astro Boy - Help help..... my F10 radiator has some minor leakage which I need to top up some water every 4-5 days (~200ml) and last sent to AB they recommend to replace the whole radiator which cost RM3300. Mind to share where u change yours pls? All good the replacement and workmanship? tks
How old is your car? How come such a new car already having leaking problem?

Top Bottom