Can idrive input be in small letters?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ashman55

Club Guest
I like to use small letters instead of all capitals when renaming my music folders.The problem is i can't find any key on the bazel for changing to the small letters. looked up the onboard manual but to no avail.I am sure BMW does not want you to input only in capitals.

Just slide (not rotate) the knob towards you, or was it away from you, try either.

paultantk;628268 said:
Just slide (not rotate) the knob towards you, or was it away from you, try either.

I thought i did that,probably wrongly.try again.thank u...

Confirm mine can't have lower case.Got to check with the dealer and to have it reprogrammed.

2011,at AB now.The function work fine for telephone.first time the technician see this problem.look like they have to reprogrammed.

let us know if you gain any new "features" after your iDrive software gets updated to the latest one!

Was told all f10 are having the same thing.No lower case for multi media function.Still the same even with updated software..AB is bringing up this matter to HQ.They will let me know when the lower case enable software is available.Will update if any new "features" gained with the latest update.

I've definitely seen lower case been used to key in username and password for the web browser form fields. Never used it for the music section.

Yes only the music section no lower case.The funny part is you can have arabic,russian,greek and all sort of alphabets for european languages .Probably the software engineer forgotten the lower case for music section,thats is the only reason i can think of.I have seen the video of the making of F10,can see how details and passionate the designers involved..certainly being human they miss out some small details

Top Bottom