Can I convert my e34 to e39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fuhh... a nightmare......y la mau susahkn diri n pengetuk body workshop..heheheheh

384675.jpg

doesnt look too bad actually......in the pic that is, dont know if in the flesh though.

looking at it again it actually works on the touring.....my 5sen lah :)

Thought thread was abt engine conversion. Just put in an 2.5 e39 engine into my e34. working out the bugs, now.

Altimet;745482 said:
Thought thread was abt engine conversion. Just put in an 2.5 e39 engine into my e34. working out the bugs, now.

i toyed the idea of putting an e39 engine into my e34 before.. so hows the cost? what are there to be modified to get those muscles in into an e34?

Iylia,

Got the engine for cheap, previous owner put a 3.0 into his e39. That cost me about 2500
Original labour cost was 1600, but working out the bugs brought it up to about 2500. Good news is, they know how to do it now.
One of the major mods to do is the oil sump, which is reversed in the e39. (if the e34's sump ran down left to right, the e39 is right0left, cant remember which way it goes)
Should change the rear differential, didnt change the computer box. had to upgrade my brakes and exhaust, cos of increase in cc from a 2.0.
Soon I'll lower the front suspension, as the new engine is lighter than the original. Now the car looks funny haha.
Got some decent increase in power and reduction in fuel consumption.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom