camshaft broken?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maxion89

Club Guest
Hi guys,this question might sound crazy but here it is. Broken camshaft is it possible to be use again? i mean still can make the engine working?

Definitely cannot. Very unlikely BMW camshaft broken I mean "patah" never heard before.
But Hv seen campro engine camshaft broken hehehe

Oh icic...well later i snap a picture of it...my bad not be so carefull... now its really hard to find a replacement...

maxion89;738257 said:
Oh icic...well later i snap a picture of it...my bad not be so carefull... now its really hard to find a replacement...

Maybe its destiny for a new heart. You may wan to consult E34 Darklord Ramsing, the fastest turbosing in CyberJaya, Klang Valley and some say Bandung.

maxion89;738238 said:
Hi guys,this question might sound crazy but here it is. Broken camshaft is it possible to be use again? i mean still can make the engine working?

depends on the condition i would say ..if can this change is a cheap one ...worn cam lobes may reduce the power and if there are chips around the lobes then it's much likely due for a new one ..

anyone could help me, where i can get this camshaft? the camshaft i was looking for just look like in the picture... http://www.leatherz.com/pics/valvecover1.jpg....Im from Sabah looking around for Half cut or 2nd hand shop still can't get the camshaft... But i would like for half cut or 2nd hand part only... I ask at BMW dealer price to expensive to me....

bro,

have u asked Right Parts or Parts Corridor for the price?

If they quoted u expensive and u only wan 2nd hand parts, maybe u can try ebay as well? Saw some ads on used camshafts for M50 there on ebay :)

it seem i cant find the one same like mine on ebay.... Right Parts and Parts Corridor never heard of it.... any contact or email or facebook that more easier to contact?

Right Parts and Parts Corridor are both in kolombong. They sell bmw and merc parts there. If u go to AB (now known as FM Autohaus) sure very expensive.

Try going to kolombong and search for these two shops :) If u know where is Fajar Motor, then it is at the same block

Petrus;739535 said:
Right Parts and Parts Corridor are both in kolombong. They sell bmw and merc parts there. If u go to AB (now known as FM Autohaus) sure very expensive.

Try going to kolombong and search for these two shops :) If u know where is Fajar Motor, then it is at the same block

Oh icic...its just near my house, im also stay in kolombong... Already ask there seem very expensive.... Im looking for used part more cheap... I ask at Mengatal area there seem no part like mine..only with vanos got...

yowzer......now that is one.....or shud i say 2.....broken camshafts.normally camshafts break when they are mishandled....like removing them incorrectly....like not releasing the camshaft holder evenly.and also if one drops the camshaft.other than that...i donno.but broken rocker arms got la....as i experienced it myself....twice....:wink:

moots;739960 said:
yowzer......now that is one.....or shud i say 2.....broken camshafts.normally camshafts break when they are mishandled....like removing them incorrectly....like not releasing the camshaft holder evenly.and also if one drops the camshaft.other than that...i donno.but broken rocker arms got la....as i experienced it myself....twice....:wink:

Yea this happen when im not properly adjust the cam pulley and the valve hit the piston.. I was wrong to, coz i just tighten it without adjust properly the piston 1st..

Cam shaft

maxion89;738238 said:

Hi bro
I have a set high cam shaft for e39 528i for single vanos
Engine
Don't know can used or not
Let go cheap for u ya
Mr Lew 0123892269
Tks

dominic;739985 said:
Hi bro
I have a set high cam shaft for e39 528i for single vanos
Engine
Don't know can used or not
Let go cheap for u ya
Mr Lew 0123892269
Tks

Camshaft for vanos engine is not interchangeable with non vanos engine. U can try advert your high cam at classified section

Maxion,

Dun take a risk of using repaired camshaft. Why dun you just swap to M52B28 engine? more oompph for your E34

Top Bottom