Calling all Bubble Makers!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

NKTOB

Club Guest
Starting a thread...for the undersea lovers! be it... macro stuffs, pelagics, wrecks and so forth... anyone is welcome... 1. active divers ( at least a dive trip per year ) 2. underwater photography (share pixs!)2. been there done that divers3. thinking high & low to take the plunge4. no time to take dive course, no friend to dive or take course together5. or those who just wan to find out everything you want to know about Scuba Diving and its exploration! you've come to the right thread!

Wouldn't call myself a diver, but am licensed to do so. NAUI & PADI certified. Haven't done a plunge in 3 years liao... work n stuff ler...de usual excuse...

But just a word of encouragement to those still thinking of taking up diving, DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER!! Its worth the plunge (pun intended :D)!! Seriously, it's a beautiful experience and a must do at least once in your lifetime.

Best experience so far: Having a whale shark swim above my diving group (off Redang)... unbelieveable...

Hey buddy...:D

On dry land for 3yrs??? How can???

Anyway if u need a refresher, it's on the house! Me PADI DM#472472 at ur service!...just got to get on an island first!

whale shark..........yes! always a sight to behold...

ever seen a school of barracudas forming a "vortex" and to hover right in the middle of it? crazy rite? nerve wrecking too.....!

SIPADAN! it is...with an average lenght of a barracuda @ 1 metre! thousands of them....:D

Haiya... trust me... my 3 year abstinance is not by choice ler...

Ha ha.. yeah... barracuda "vortex"... damn scary ler... but not thousands ler... I've only experience a small school. Don't forget the trigger fishes... small little bast**ds...

Haven't dive Sipadan yet... my dive experience v. limited onli ler.

Thanks for de offer on the refresher bro :) Will consider when I have more time in hand. Dunno if can still fit in my wet suit... thank God its stretchable :D

I've always wanted to learn..never can find time.
NKTOB, come join me for anuder kind of watersport .

andrewk said:
Haiya... trust me... my 3 year abstinance is not by choice ler...

Ha ha.. yeah... barracuda "vortex"... damn scary ler... but not thousands ler... I've only experience a small school. Don't forget the trigger fishes... small little bast**ds...

Haven't dive Sipadan yet... my dive experience v. limited onli ler.

Thanks for de offer on the refresher bro :) Will consider when I have more time in hand. Dunno if can still fit in my wet suit... thank God its stretchable :D

yup man...those hard coral eating trigger fish! always a funny sight to see them chasing away divers when they r nesting!

ehmm...those 3mm neoprene wetsuits, yup definitely stretchable..if not more than 1 size up! I have given up on those, as nak pakai pun sure sweat kau kau wan...just on 0.5mm skin pun cukuplah, ez in ez outmah :D

time....we make the time, not the other way round!

Zoggee said:
I've always wanted to learn..never can find time.
NKTOB, come join me for anuder kind of watersport .

aiyah....bro zoggee, "never can find time" is a general excuse in this industrylah...it's a national excuse LOL!

the only other watersport i want to belajar (when off diving season) is wind surfing...u do that? :D

NKTOB start a session on EFR (emergency first response), not askin for free lar, but give us good rate, even non diver also can benefit from it coz its a medic first aid course that can apply to everyone and u dunno when u will need it to save someone lives someday somewhere

NKTOB said:
aiyah....bro zoggee, "never can find time" is a general excuse in this industrylah...it's a national excuse LOL!

the only other watersport i want to belajar (when off diving season) is wind surfing...u do that? :D

wuuhoooo....wind surfing?? where???
Here at Puchong lake..the instructor go Kite Boarding at East Coast....now thats what I call fun.

i've been dry for almost 5 years now... really want to dive but no buddy since I used to dive when I was in Egypt. Now back in Malaysia dunno any kaki....

NKTOB, I really need a refresher...

i've been dry for almost 5 years now... really want to dive but no buddy since I used to dive when I was in Egypt. Now back in Malaysia dunno any kaki....

NKTOB, I really need a refresher...

NKTOB, i've been out of water for god knows how long, even my card and log book hilang already, all my gear just hanging in the closet, really need to bring it out to see if they still work......

Guys,

Have been dying to do this, but I cant swim. I am getting mixed feed backs here. Some say its ok you dont have to know how to swim, then theres others that say its a big risk if you dont know how to swim and finally the ones that tell me never dive if you cant swim. Which is true ?? Do you guys know of any swiming schools ? I guess I have to start from there lah... It's been 4 years now since I've decided that I want to do this.

Calling mr Pro diver lord Blackrobe... post your comments here lah.. tell us again how u swam with the great whites

sithwarrior said:
Guys,

Have been dying to do this, but I cant swim. I am getting mixed feed backs here. Some say its ok you dont have to know how to swim, then theres others that say its a big risk if you dont know how to swim and finally the ones that tell me never dive if you cant swim. Which is true ?? Do you guys know of any swiming schools ? I guess I have to start from there lah... It's been 4 years now since I've decided that I want to do this.

Calling mr Pro diver lord Blackrobe... post your comments here lah.. tell us again how u swam with the great whites

Than better go fr snorkling!!!( wiz life jacket).....like me....:D :D

sithwarrior said:
Guys,

PADI requirement for open water diver (beginner) is swim for 200m and treat water for 10 minute. if u can do that, u r qualify for the course.

MouseNKTOB start a session on EFR (emergency first response), not askin for free lar, but give us good rate, even non diver also can benefit from it coz its a medic first aid course that can apply to everyone and u dunno when u will need it to save someone lives someday somewhereok, bro mouse....minimum 3 to start a class. For u guys here, u just need to pay for the PIC (certification) only...classroom session (1 day only) after viewing video & reading manual..

For those who wants to know more about EFR, visit www.emergencyfirstresponse.com

sithwarriorGuys,

bro sithwarrior...what mouse said it's true, swimming is a requirement. Honestly, u need to be comfortable in water especially @ open sea! I known divers who can't swim but are comfortable diving though..risk, risk...

Zaskar,Suntze...that's the reason for this thread..:D we'll get together for a cuppa and do damage control and start a bubble making group here!

sithwarrior said:
Guys,

My first dive instructor told me that to dive, knowing how to swim is not important. What is important is knowing how to SINK!! :D :D heh heh... but he's joking of course...

Think you can get a swimming coach from most public pools (e.g. bangsar sports complex, Kelab Syabas etc. etc.).

Top Bottom