[CALL FOR HELP] Ambi Pur liquid fell onto car paint (driver side door)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Astronyu

Club Guest
Hello from Arafua Sea ;)Guys, I just received a call from my wife telling me there was an incident happened to my E60 :(Apparently, her father want to put on Ambi Pur into the car but the car was locked. So, he instead leave the freshener just at the door handle thinking my wife would later put it on herself.My wife went to the car and to her surprise she saw the liquid from the freshener was pouring on to the door and went dry. She went in and told her father and they came out with water, soap and other stuff that might help removing the liquid, but all failed as the liquid dried.So, my recommendation was to bring the car to car wash and look for any shop that do polishing. My question here, would it work? What is my chance here? I just can't imagine myself having to paint the whole car (or the door panel). What is your recommendation or suggestion?Please help me.Thanks.

Just called my wife and she said she went to car wash, but after trying the owner said it won't do any good if polish, asked her to go to the bodyshop instead. Went there, the tauke try something and later also said nothing can be done as the liquid materialized already, kind of fuse with the paint. He offered to paint the door panel for RM220 but my wife decided not to do it as I said the paint was originally BMW paint, I don't want later found out the paint doesn't match with the rest of the car.

So, any ideas? It's heartbreaking thing to hear this but shit happens, not like it was on purpose, just a pure carelessness.

Bro, sorry to hear about that. May be can post some photos here for members here to view & get feedbacks..

I agree that to paint is 1 thing but to ensure it match the color of the rest of the bodywork is another. Hope you can get it solve without having to paint it.

Perhaps you can try to pm KC. Reading through his postings here, he's probably the best person to advise.

If your car is like what u show in avatar which is black color, then i think the paint shop can match back the other panel even if u spray the door only.

bmw7833;668479 said:
If your car is like what u show in avatar which is black color, then i think the paint shop can match back the other panel even if u spray the door only.

Yes, the car in my avatar is my car. So, the color is the same?
Ok, didn't know that as I thought the black has some sort of BMW color code.
Don't want my car to be "calico".

A bit off-topic but still regarding Ambipur. DO NOT put at the aircond vent/outlet. If the liquid spill-over it will damage your dashboard panel, all the clear-coat will peel-off. Happened to my friend's 335i when it was put upside-down by the mechanics after service. Not claimable since it is not manufacturing defect and he only realised it after few days so unable to blame the service centre for it.

Top Bottom