Buying the original diamond shape key and China diamond shape key

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tweiboon

Club Guest
I know some of you may recommend buy the used original diamond shape key rather than China diamond shape key. After that just wait for someone to reprogram the key for you. If you buy the China diamond shape key is really can say waiting for reprogram but if for original key then is just not only waiting for reprogram !!!!!!!!China key will not has the ELMos transponder but it has normal PCF transponder wherelse the original key will have ELMos transponder. For China key you just need to reprogram the PCF transponder or replace the PCF transponder than you can start your engine. But original key cannot reprogram the used ELMos transponder and cannot just only replace with PCF transponder. ELMos is attached to remote circuit and if put in a PCF transponder it will crash each other and stop you to start your engine. In this situation you must remove the ELMos transponder from the circuit. After remove the ELMos transponder, the key will not charge electric to the battery and you need to do the by pass to charge the battery.Or straight away replace the ELMos transponder and reprogram it. But this solution is difficult abit and i am sure all the locksmith will not do this for you.So start from now on if you guys really want to buy the key for spare better think first before you buy.

jarance;639882 said:
so buying original key is the best?

If you know how to by pass the remote circuit to charge the battery or able to buy the ELMos transponder , replace the used ELMos transponder and reprogram it sure is the best to buy the original key. If not buy the China key is the best.

Buying the china key is more easy for me to help you to clone a fully usable key. I can remove the ELMos transponder and by pass to make the key charge to the battery.

EWS3 can support 10 keys at same time, some of the ppl will ask how about if all keys also lost so it is we need to replace the EWS3?
The answer is no. You can always overwrite all 10 keys so you can have 10 keys again if you overwrite the EWS3. Meaning if the other ppl get the old 10 keys they are not able to start your engine.

If i want to change the IR remote control to normal remote control, then i need to change the DME or central control unit ?

Top Bottom