buying NEw Engine for E36..HELP

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nizer

Club Guest
i'm changing new engine to my E36 got 2 choices,whether go for 318is twin cam 4spd H/Cut or 3201i single vanos 5spd H/cut..price not much differ Any suggestion from 'Sifu'..

I'd go for the 320i single vanos too coz that one u can just buy a 2.5 litre engine kosong later to upgrade ... btw auto or manual?

Bro Nizer,

How much you been quoted for the 318is & 320i single vanos?

How much the labour charge for upgrade engine?

What other things need to be change?

I'm planning to upgrade my engine also...soon.

nizer said:
i'm changing new engine to my E36

got 2 choices,whether go for 318is twin cam 4spd H/Cut or 3201i single vanos 5spd H/cut..price not much differ

Any suggestion from 'Sifu'..

6 cylinder better

so, 320i single vanos:cool:

I think it would depend on what e36 u have right now, if it's a 318, then stick with a 318 engine. Then u would not have to change the suspension and brakes. But why change the engine? Wouldn't repair or just sell what u have and get another car be a better way out?

slide
actually juz bought this car wthout some parts n t engine leaking all over,so manage to change t engine..

k.m
got quote from h/cut shop
320i (A) rm 4500 trade yr old engine
318is(A) rm 4200 no trade

workmanship rm 2500

tq for all advice

Agree with slide. Unless you plan on upgrading your suspension and brakes setup, stick with the 1.8. Even the M42 (318is) is heavier since it's a twin cam.

my 2 cents.. want the advise ?

the best is since the original engine is a 1.8L M40 engine, running on a bosch mgmt.. then put in a 2.5 using also a bosch mgmt, not a 2.0 which is a siemens mgmt. If you put a 2.0 now, changing the block to a 2.5 will need a 2.5 bosch mgmt. hence wasted money to me anyway.. try looking for a 2.5L bosch wiring and ecu, sensors..or a 325 half car..

regards.

good suggestion if budget permits 2.5 litre conversion is around 15-20k from what I've been asking

No need to change brakes for 2 litre transplant, all you need to do is upgrade your front suspension (spring/absorbers) for around RM1k. Rear is the same.

Seriously..now got new rulings on engine conversion. Please go to ur local JPJ and ask for some references.

Then only after that dicides on ur projects.

Top Bottom