buying a car from another state

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

thelongroad

Club Guest
Hello everyone,I'm a foreigner living in KL (WP), looking for advice from local sifus.I am interested in buying a used car (private sale) in Penang. Will this be a difficult process? Transferring to WP plates, etc, etc? Or could I just leave it registered in Penang?Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

stick to the registration no. , less hassle & most important uve got yr bmw

redbaron;280349 said:
No la bro very straight foward.

OK, so I assume I can just go to the JPJ office in Penang, transfer ownership, and drive away? Old cars (this is an E23) need inspection, no?

The Registration plate in Malaysian cars are just like the Social Security Number given by the Government to identify u and u don't change your Social Security number every time u shift from one state to another. Even though you can do it for personalised plate purposes. Its really not necessary.

Inspection is a must nowadays because that's the "smart" way our Govt decided to use to weed out illegal mod-ed vehicle from tinting to engine transplant rather than going to the street to hunt them down, they decided to sit down under the tree and wait for the rabbit to return. :D Looks like they have been reading.. :D

thelongroad;280365 said:
OK, so I assume I can just go to the JPJ office in Penang, transfer ownership, and drive away? Old cars (this is an E23) need inspection, no?

I understand you can get a runner to do everything for you...save you a trip to Penang

Top Bottom