Bulb warnings but no blown bulbs... Help!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anaksarawak

Official Member
img2012121801163.jpg
Suddenly during the down pour today, the error pop up! start with right side follow with left after an hour. When I when outside to check I notice the signal light is on but dim. I did try to clear the error code with BMW Scanner 1.4 but error return after I restart the car. I did try battery pull too and still the same. Anyone experience this before? Please help...

Clean the connectors to the bulbs and make sure they are free of rust and condensation/water

hey AS, i had the same thing since last week, i got bulb error code on and off indicating my rear brake light got problem but i check physically it's works well and the first encounter was during downpour as well..hmm

Thanks Affan66 and Ojwong... Do yours have the problem with dim light even its not switched on?

Jarance, can I come at night? Busy during work hours due to clearing work in preparation for Xmas n New Year

Bro AS, the turn signal is dim lit to replace the parking light function which is detected to be faulty. Any recent mods?

Becareful when doing mods esp if this wud include electrical. Our cars are quite sensitive when it comes to this sort of things, hence you have all these gremlins now living amongst your miles of eletrical looms... Good luck searching and hope you'll resolve your problems soon.

anaksarawak;790916 said:
Jarance, can I come at night? Busy during work hours due to clearing work in preparation for Xmas n New Year

Sorry, Not at night. wifey will kill me.

I am usually back in Klang during the weekend. Sat or Sun afternoon is fine with me. On second thought, not this weekend.
It is quite close toward Xmas holidays. maybe the next weekend after Xmas.

Bro, im not experienced in BMW DIY...yet.

But i do have some experience with electricals and electronics.
Try cleaning the contacts with contact cleaner, an alcohol based cleaner.

I'm guessing something is shorted , thats why your signal lights are on.
The sensor sense that as an overload.
Need to find what is common between those lights.

Strider74;790957 said:
Bro, im not experienced in BMW DIY...yet.

But i do have some experience with electricals and electronics.
Try cleaning the contacts with contact cleaner, an alcohol based cleaner.

I'm guessing something is shorted , thats why your signal lights are on.
The sensor sense that as an overload.
Need to find what is common between those lights.

Thanks bro, I will try that later.

AS, had problem with mine earlier. All lights are ok, but warning indicator was on. Rear left light was the culprit. Replaced the housing and indicator gone. However, this was common issue with all E92 before facelift. Was informed by the workshop, this usually happens when u meddle with the lightings. Have u added additional lights that might have caused the problem?

bro, this wiring is all link up to the CKM or LKM of the car. the fault is not directly link to the signal lights but can be due to other faults. one of my seven head light adjustable motor is faulty but the check control will say my rear number plate lights is blown. if I unplug the motor, it will not fault up. this mostly happens when the car gets older. wires n electronics getting frail n ohm plus voltage drop.

you need to do a manual plug/unplug trouble shooting to find the problem. another possibility is water in the sockets, need to dry them.

consoglieri;790962 said:
AS, had problem with mine earlier. All lights are ok, but warning indicator was on. Rear left light was the culprit. Replaced the housing and indicator gone. However, this was common issue with all E92 before facelift. Was informed by the workshop, this usually happens when u meddle with the lightings. Have u added additional lights that might have caused the problem?

Thanks for your input bro.. my mod was the sexy LED angel eye ;-) but it run fine for months

pussy;790963 said:
bro, this wiring is all link up to the CKM or LKM of the car. the fault is not directly link to the signal lights but can be due to other faults. one of my seven head light adjustable motor is faulty but the check control will say my rear number plate lights is blown. if I unplug the motor, it will not fault up. this mostly happens when the car gets older. wires n electronics getting frail n ohm plus voltage drop.

you need to do a manual plug/unplug trouble shooting to find the problem. another possibility is water in the sockets, need to dry them.

Thanks bro, will inform my workshop to check on that

Angel eyes recently installed? How is it powered? Rarely that both side of lights go bad at the same time.. due to bad connection

aidilj;790974 said:
Angel eyes recently installed? How is it powered? Rarely that both side of lights go bad at the same time..

Angel eyes was installed at WRC and they still work.

Top Bottom