Brutalised in Bangsar

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

buzzlie

Club Guest
A CCTV surveillance camera captured the attack on the three sisters and two of their cousins at the Shell petrol station in Jalan Bangsar.Traumatised, they have vowed never to go to a petrol station again after dark..Twelve young thugs, on six motorcycles, were said to be 'hovering around the station' while a pair on another motorcycle filled up as the women drove in about 3.30am on Saturday. They were on their way home after a function in Puchong. Sisters Uma Munusamy, 33, Chittra, 32, and Latha, 31, were to drop off cousins Ragas Letchumanan, 28, and Komala, 20, at their Bangsar home when they decided to stop for fuel.They drove up to a pump at the station. Latha went to the window counter to pay, while Chittra, who was driving, got out to fill up. That was when the Mat Rempit, who had been noisy and boisterous, moved in, as if acting on cue.One thug attacked Latha, splashing a can of 'Red Bull' energy drink on her face.. The sweet-sour liquid stung her eyes, temporarily blinding her as the thug pushed her down, hit her with the drink can and snatched her gold chain and handphone.Another three dashed to the car to attack the others.'We were in fear.. We thought that we had been splashed with acid, as the liquid they threw on our faces really stung,' said Uma, recalling the attack.The women screamed for help, but none arrived. The petrol station workers were safe and sound, inside the premises, where the doors had been locked at midnight.'The workers just stood there, watching,' said Latha.At the car, the Mat Rempit ordered the girls to hand over their valuables and handphones.One of them just couldn't wait. He yanked Uma's gold bracelet off one wrist and at the same time snatched the handphone she held in the other hand.Despite fearing for their lives, the girls put up a fight, trying to prevent the robbers from getting away with their belongings. The scuffles only led to injuries, but fortunately, minor ones.Ragas was hit on the head several times, while Chittra sustained injuries on her neck and right arm, besides suffering an injury to the lower lip... She was then beaten up with a soda can.'The whole incident really traumatised us but what was worse was the fact the workers did not even bother to help,' said Uma.This is one nightmare they do not ever want to experience again. And, for them at least, no more filling up fuel at night, or stopping anywhere either during the wee hours. Their total loss: RM3,000 in cash and valuables.The five made a report at the Brickfields police station soon after recovering from the shock of the attack. Police said they are investigating, and have yet to identify the culprits.The women also expressed their frustration over the Mat Rempit menace. 'So much has been said, so much anger and frustration has been expressed over these motorcycle thugs... but yet they seem to be having a free run,' said Chittra.Their only hope is that justice will be done, that the CCTV images captured by the surveillance camera will lead to arrests and conviction.

this one happened sometime ago...well what to say its seems like gomen is promoting this rempits and film producers came out with rempit movies so these culprits can feel like heroes or warriors..ladies just makesure not to stop anywhere at nights

damm these days no where is safe .....basement carpark , jockey carpark , petrol stations , highrise lifts , federal highway ....

Old News, but still the menace prevails till this very day. I had my very own experience with these fcuk-weeds two months back. Luckily form me there was a police road block. I am honestly looking to buy a Nissan Terrano to run these guys over when I see them again. They are a bunch of cowardly gitts, they only attack in pacts.

So sad to hear this. moreover, nothing major had been done yet to handle this issue and like wad VKS had mentioned, the gomen is adding more fuel to the fire by promoting them..wtf.

My unc was attacked by a bunch of kapchai boys when he stopped to help an kapchai accident victim who fell right in front of him on the road, they bashed him up badly saying he was the culprit who knocked their friend down. My unc drove off & ran & saw this police block within 5kms, stopped and told the police but they told him to drive to a balai to file a report. Need i say more?

Word of advice: Never assume that they can be friendly, be safe & drive away.

sithwarrior;514004 said:
Old News, but still the menace prevails till this very day. I had my very own experience with these fcuk-weeds two months back. Luckily form me there was a police road block. I am honestly looking to buy a Nissan Terrano to run these guys over when I see them again. They are a bunch of cowardly gitts, they only attack in pacts.

dude...if u do that, make sure u reverse in case u missed a few. two benefits, one u get them all, second dead man tell no tales. :smokin:

but a close friend of mine got attacked at a petrol station at around 10pm. same modus operandi as the 5 girl on top. best thing ,after 9pm, dun stop for gas. unless u got steven seagal and rambo in the back seat

Sorry dunno that this one oledi basi but I guess a good eye opener to all.

If we become one of the witness, whats the best way to help? Maybe nothing, the most just exercise our fingers and dial emergency.

its a fxxked up world out there and theres more and more psyhcos emerging nowadays...

Read on todays paper that a pregnant lady was strangled to her death while her 12 weeks old foetus is between her legs due to heavy stomping on her abdomen...

What kind of ppl will do this, the last time i heard this happened was to Bosnian ladies by the Serbs....and now at Malaysia..

it all boils down to THIS: THE POLICE. yes them... they are the last barrier between the criminals and US. if the police cant do anything, what hope do we have???

if its not safe for our kids to play in OUR house compound then... what else is there to say?

Look at the standard of our police force. Its not the lack of numbers.. but the quality.

I see everyday useless policemen who are not aware of their duties and responsibilities.

Of course, all this happens because the Gomen has let it happened.

can we turn around? and change? I hope so for our children's sake. I hope and pray...

I do not agree. We cannot blame the gomen for everything.
We cannot blame the policeman for every crime they could not stop.
Blaming game is not worth it.
What is your contribution to make this country a better place to live?
Let start with ourself first.
Be nice to everybody.
Contribute you time with social works...etc.
Have you done that?

maxkpp;516524 said:
I do not agree. We cannot blame the gomen for everything.
We cannot blame the policeman for every crime they could not stop.
Blaming game is not worth it.
What is your contribution to make this country a better place to live?
Let start with ourself first.
Be nice to everybody.
Contribute you time with social works...etc.
Have you done that?

i know where u coming from. Sure, dont blame gomen for everything. I am blaming the police for something they are PAID to do. I dont mean isolated crimes, but just simple everyday security which we used to take for granted just a few years ago.
A better place to live starts with good security. That is our basic right. All the social work in the world will come to zero is there is no security.
The buck stops with the Police, and Gomen. there is no one else to blame. I think most of us take precautions and common sense to protect ourselves, but if we have no protection in our own homes, somebody needs to take the blame. If there is no blame, u think things will change ? I dont think so.

sithwarrior;514004 said:

sith, i think using a Terrano is wasteful. Think of the scum u have to clean off the fenders...

I think the laws in this country should be moresevere towards these Mat Rempits..ie- if they are caught, 10 years jail or more with 6 whippings. No compromise..!!!

p/s - rehabilitation my ass!!!!

Totally AGREE!
The officials are too relax!!!

If we shame them, put them on headlines, bring them to justice and publicize this to the public, I guess the numbers will soon go down.

The thing is that they have a 'Special Name for them', Special Song for them & also several movies about their bastardy 'Glory'!!

Sometimes its nice to bring back memories of the 80's n 90's where we all as children can cycle everywhere, play in the playground till late nite, walk under the moon to mamak, friend's house, arcade, everywhere!!!

johnj;517345 said:
I think the laws in this country should be moresevere towards these Mat Rempits..ie- if they are caught, 10 years jail or more with 6 whippings. No compromise..!!!

p/s - rehabilitation my ass!!!!

the problem is political. some of these Mat rempits are sons or relatives of so and so and cops la.

see where i'm coming from?

The police force is not run professionally. its race based whether intentionally or not.

Let me ask you this: Would u tell the neighborhood police station that you are leaving your home for a few days for the balik kampung holidays?

enough said.

Police short of manpower? But they go in thousands for by-election ... heheheeee.

rhpw;517394 said:
Sometimes its nice to bring back memories of the 80's n 90's where we all as children can cycle everywhere, play in the playground till late nite, walk under the moon to mamak, friend's house, arcade, everywhere!!!

hey, I can make a muvi about this :)

Top Bottom