Broquet Fuel Catalyst

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ichiwan2

Club Guest
Check out http://www.broquet.co.ukAlready have it in my e21 and works absolutely wonderful. Smooth engine got smoother and quieter. A little bit more power - should mean better consumption, only if you are a gentle driver. I am not.Seen it put in Subaru Impreza WRX, Mazda RX7, BMW 840i, and other high performance cars.Just wanted to find out if others have been bitten by the bug.

Wanted to do it once but did not. Now I feel the only way for a serious increase in power is a Supercharger or a bigger engine.

If you want massive power increase, you should probably change the engine to a bigger c.c. engine. Don't know much about turbo's and superchargers but I think they would put a lot of strain on an engine that is normally aspirated (NA). To go turbo/supercharger way should mean that you replace some parts with stronger ones. Will end up costing more than an engine transplant. Though, you do save on road tax.Broquet simply improves the efficiency of the fuel by making it burn better. Petrol is not as highly flammable as you might think. I have seen people smoking beside a trough filled with petrol and it did not burn. Broquet changes that. The fuel becomes more flammable after passing through the fuel catalyst.

saintmikail has tried it. in fact the broquet guys installed on two of the members car to see the product results - free for 1 month (for the 2 test cars). normal laa promote to club membersbut saintmikail has gone missing though.

How much does it costs anyway? If not too expensive, then maybe I'll be interested. As the name suggests, this thingy (some kind of magnet with very strong polarity) is attached on the fuel line, right? If I am not mistaken, there is another product (similar concept) which is attached to the air intake manifold. Don't know whether or not it will be worthwhile to install both.... :hmm:

Originally posted by c-square@Dec 11 2004, 06:31 PM How much does it costs anyway? If not too expensive, then maybe I'll be interested. As the name suggests, this thingy (some kind of magnet with very strong polarity) is attached on the fuel line, right? If I am not mistaken, there is another product (similar concept) which is attached to the air intake manifold. Don't know whether or not it will be worthwhile to install both.... :hmm:
Two main types to choose from. 1. In-line2. In-tankIn-line involves cutting the rubber fuel hose in the engine bay and attaching the two ends via an aviation quality stainless steel tube which contains the fuel catalyst. In-tank involves just putting metal gauze wrapped pieces of the fuel catalyst pellets into the fuel tank. Might require some opening up of the fuel tank as the neck of the fuel tank filler hose may have too many kinks. And with some bimmers, the tank is split into two which may mean one side gets the treatment and the other does not.Which is better - Personally, I think the in-line is better. The hotter it gets, the better the chemical reaction. Ideally, you should have both. CostDepends on how much money you have. Expect to spend around RM1000-RM1400 for one that is adequate for up to 200 bhp engines. The best one is just under RM4000. Thats for the in-line version.The in-tank version works out to about RM55-RM60 per pellet. You will need between 25 to 40 pellets.Where to getEneosKL Auto Accessories BTW, its not a magnet. The magnet comes from the MicroCompressor which is attached to the air intake manifold. The MicroCompressor basically allows more air into the combustion chamber under accelleration.Broquet is actually a catalyst, i.e., it is a compound that changes the nature of another compound in contact with it without changing its nature. More a chemical reaction.

4K is a lot of money to spend for such a modest boost. Maybe if you spent the 4K on upsizing cubic capacity it would give you more bang for the buck. Don't you think? :unsure: Or a Supercharger? Although Mr. Blackcat would not recommend a Supercharger.

Originally posted by bimmerman@Dec 14 2004, 06:02 PM 4K is a lot of money to spend for such a modest boost. Maybe if you spent the 4K on upsizing cubic capacity it would give you more bang for the buck. Don't you think? :unsure: Or a Supercharger? Although Mr. Blackcat would not recommend a Supercharger.
well... 4k is indeed a lot of money :eek:

Originally posted by bimmerman@Dec 14 2004, 06:02 PM 4K is a lot of money to spend for such a modest boost. Maybe if you spent the 4K on upsizing cubic capacity it would give you more bang for the buck. Don't you think? :unsure: Or a Supercharger? Although Mr. Blackcat would not recommend a Supercharger.
RM4K is for the Top fueler - suitable for cars with more than 300 -450 bhp on tap. You would be looking at the B30 or the B40 model which costs between RM900 to RM1,300 for most bimmers.The main benefits of the fuel catalyst is elaborated at length in the website.I would use it to preserve my engine as much as possible as it is not originally meant to run on unleaded fuel.Combustion is definitely better and the engine was noticeably quieter within a few minutes of running after the installation.

Anybody knew about Stromberg Fuel Saving Booster (made in GmbH) by Stromberg. Claimed guaranteed can:1. increase power up to 20%2. Petrol saving up to 14%3. Less carbon developed4. Longer plug life up to 30K km5. Easier starting anytime6. Smoother engine running7. Almost complete fuel combustionCost RM179 including installation.Any comment or info are very much appreciated. Thanks.p/s: been given this site www.strombergfuelsaver.com but can't get through.

Originally posted by Strider@Dec 16 2004, 04:52 PM Anybody knew about Stromberg Fuel Saving Booster (made in GmbH) by Stromberg. Claimed guaranteed can:1. increase power up to 20%2. Petrol saving up to 14%3. Less carbon developed4. Longer plug life up to 30K km5. Easier starting anytime6. Smoother engine running7. Almost complete fuel combustionCost RM179 including installation.Any comment or info are very much appreciated. Thanks.p/s: been given this site www.strombergfuelsaver.com but can't get through.
Is this the one that increases the current to the spark plug cables? I think I saw it being sold at a booth in Carrefour Wangsa Maju. Basically brighter spark should give better combustion. But it won't cure the low of volatility of the fuel. Broquet improves the volatility of the fuel.Not sure what are the impact on the electronics of the newer Bimmers (my e21 has less electronic gadgets to go wrong). Best check with sifus of your model.You could probably achieve some of the effects of stromberg by improving your earthing and changing your battery heads to better ones like those made by Weurth. These are passive ways of improving current in your car. Or you can also add the Pivot voltage stabiliser - tho, definitely more expensive than te RM179 for the Stromberg.

The stromberg will disturd the electronic system,for bimmer better don't take the risk...if japan car, than is OK....

Stromberg is bad even for Jap car. I tried it on my SR20 and all was well for a while. No perceptable increase in power but no problem. Then one day my radio went rat-tat-tat..... It was picking up inteference from the Stromberg. Shortly after that the car idled badly and would not start occasionally. Removed the Stromber and all was well again.If you have an M50 or later you already have optimum spark voltage since each spark plug has it's own dedicated coil.

Wow, thanks a lot guys, i'm thinking of fixing it b4. Now, that RM179.....

I've got 10, 8 pellet in tank "sausages", in my car.My personal experience is that it adds no preceivable power at all, but when left for a week or so, the fuel still seems quite "fresh", though not as "fresh" as "fresh" petrol. Probably due to the octane preserving properties of broquet.As for fuel economy, my L/100km reading still varies from 13+ to 14+, depending on the way I drive, so no difference there.All in all, not too great a mod (but I wasn't expecting much anyways), but if you got it at the price I got it at... (sorry, it was a one off, so please don't ask me to get any for you!)

Originally posted by The Necessary@Dec 17 2004, 11:06 AM I've got 10, 8 pellet in tank "sausages", in my car.My personal experience is that it adds no preceivable power at all, but when left for a week or so, the fuel still seems quite "fresh", though not as "fresh" as "fresh" petrol. Probably due to the octane preserving properties of broquet.As for fuel economy, my L/100km reading still varies from 13+ to 14+, depending on the way I drive, so no difference there.All in all, not too great a mod (but I wasn't expecting much anyways), but if you got it at the price I got it at... (sorry, it was a one off, so please don't ask me to get any for you!)
Is it 10, or is it 8 or do you mean 8x10 pellets.If it is 10 or 8 pellets, then its not enough for the in-tank version to get the feel. It usually needs about twenty to thirty. Usually, you would put only ten pellets in the tank if you already have the in-line broquet. The in tank primes the fuel Did you just drop it into the tank or was the tank opened up. I believe most bimmer fuel tanks are in two sections, and the joint between the two tanks is located at the top part of the fuel tank. Fuel is taken from side at a time. Check the installation.The in-line version is more effective as it is installed in the engine bay. The heat from the engine makes the chemical reaction more vigourous.

I have 80 pellets in my car, ie. 10 x 8 pellet "sausages". I opened up my fuel tank and installed 5 sausages in each half of the tank.Well, according to you, that should be enough to "get the feel", no?See my earlier posting for my unchanged, unbiased, comments.I can't say much for the in-line version cos I ain't got it, and I ain't got it cos after looking at how it's installed, I'm unsure if the simple hoses (are they even certified fuel hoses?) and clips used in the installations I've seen are up to securing the fuel injected stream. Needless to say, springing a fuel leak in your hot engine bay would be a receipe for disaster.

Originally posted by The Necessary@Dec 17 2004, 02:24 PM I have 80 pellets in my car, ie. 10 x 8 pellet "sausages". I opened up my fuel tank and installed 5 sausages in each half of the tank.Well, according to you, that should be enough to "get the feel", no?See my earlier posting for my unchanged, unbiased, comments.I can't say much for the in-line version cos I ain't got it, and I ain't got it cos after looking at how it's installed, I'm unsure if the simple hoses (are they even certified fuel hoses?) and clips used in the installations I've seen are up to securing the fuel injected stream. Needless to say, springing a fuel leak in your hot engine bay would be a receipe for disaster.
If you don't want it and can get it out of you full tank and willing to sell cheap, cheap, I would not mind taking it off your hands. From whom did you get the broquet?I am really surprised that it did not work well with your car. BTW, what model are you driving?It convinced my sceptical friend when he put broquet in-line on a customer's Subaru WRX STi.It was then fitted into a Bimmer 840, Daimler, RX-7 and a few other cars of the same customer.

Well, that really depends on how much you're willing to pay for it, of course. Got them from a mate of mine who's the distributor for asia.Don't be surprised. They don't work, they don't work lor.

Top Bottom