Broken radio aerial

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

geodesy

Club Guest
Hiya, not sure if I post in the right place...My radio aerial is broken. May I know where can I get a replacement? Can a regular set from an accessories shop do the job?Am thinking of getting a filler so that it has a smoother look. Will this make my radio reception poorer?What's your recommendation and experience?Cheers,Geo

hey dude...so far to my knowledge it is alright to use after market antennas from the accesorry shops like brothers etc.shouldnt b a problem.
dunno if using a filler(by filler i take it tht u mean either the metallic cement or a silicone based variety?)would affect the overall reception of ur radio!
but give it a try.all the best.i think u can get a basic antenna unit for between RM25-100.
regards,
brad

Mine broke too, wanted to get the aftermarket antenna from brother's, but found a second hand unit from potong shop...RM20, surprisingly came out from a E30.

Hmm... potong shop, good idea!

But then another lazy sunday, another auto carwash machine, another broken aerial... :p :D

Calling Lionel... :yes!:

I remember seeing a Bosch internal antenna in accessory shop - it fits on the windscreen and the wires are pulled across the screen. Retail for RM180 but this is before bargaining.

bro geo : just a tot, by any chance yer in the surveying or geomatic engineerin industry judgin fr yer nickname? cheers bro.

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Don't get those cheap motorised antennas, water gets into them and screws up the motor. Best to get the bosch internals, got mine for RM90 installed at Subang two months back. Can say the reception is even better than old antenna. However may not stick very well on cars wit tinted film already on. :p

Originally posted by kahar@Mar 30 2005, 05:27 PM
bro geo : just a tot, by any chance yer in the surveying or geomatic engineerin industry judgin fr yer nickname? cheers bro.

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah
Ayoo, cari geng nampak!

I would like to find BMW OEM motorised antenae. Right now i'm using the one from accessory shop. The antenae only got 4 segments instead of 5 (if i'm not mistaken on the ori.) but the reception is good.

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Mar 30 2005, 04:25 AM
I remember seeing a Bosch internal antenna in accessory shop - it fits on the windscreen and the wires are pulled across the screen. Retail for RM180 but this is before bargaining.
Hi OSF,

That's definitely a solution and is popular among coupe in UK AFAIK... but there's a question about signal clearity too. Anyone has bad experience with this here in M'sia?

Cheers,
Geo

Originally posted by zaskar@Mar 30 2005, 05:34 AM
Don't get those cheap motorised antennas, water gets into them and screws up the motor. Best to get the bosch internals, got mine for RM90 installed at Subang two months back. Can say the reception is even better than old antenna. However may not stick very well on cars wit tinted film already on. :p
zaskar,

Care to share which shop is that in Subang and who to contact for the discounted price??? :D:D:D

Just a thought, how about stick those before tinting, kinda force it to stay??

Cheers,
Geo

Originally posted by kahar@Mar 30 2005, 04:27 AM

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah
Abang Kahar,

No lar... but a little bit connected if you want to (GIS and GPS). I'm in Satellite special'n. But in M'sia, sad that there's oni BSS (now MSS) with relevant jobs (AFAIK). They would rather split my pay and hire a few graduates and pay premium outsourcing from the ang-mo. Anyway, off topic here.

My nick does reflect Geomatic Eng. I named it after the Geodesy Satellite ;)

Cheers,
Geo

kakimotor along LDP after puchong toll, on your left, next to used car yard. I think there was only one left when i got mine two months ago. I think sticker price was RM95-98 so just haggle to RM90 lah.

Top Bottom