brighter e30 eyes

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ejfong

Club Guest
dear e30 sifus,how do u keep our beautiful e30s eyes clean n bright. the e30 looks great, and even better when her sexy eyes are bright n sharp. :cool: does any of those products on sale which claims to be able to clean the lense up from the outside, work? anyone tried it before? any other methods?thanks for ur time and advice mates!

Hmm..my headlights oso same problem,not so bright & look like have 'smoke' inside especially highbeam lamp (but it's not smoke lamp ok...hehe),any idea how to clear it?? Change new lamp,change bulb or just clean inside the lamp???

heyya, same i agree with u, thats why i post this thread, but no sifus reply yet. probably busy. im thinking of trying those headlight cleaner products u see in shopping malls etc. not sure they work or not.

anyone else care to chip in some ideas?:)

For the inside of the lamp, please do not use a strong solvent because it can remove the internal reflective coating on the reflector. This is because it is a mirror finish on a PLASTIC base, so its quite easy to come off. Practice extreme caution here.

A non-ammonia based glass cleaner should be okay, though. The same cleaner works on the outside as well, just buff the lamp up with newspaper when finished cleaning.

Should look good after that. :)

You want it bright - simplest way install HID.

You want to clean it (internal) - I don't know. easiest, buy a new light assembly. sure clean

Step one: Change to larger amp alternator, post 87 e30 version (Improves all other electrical components as well)
Step two: Clean headlamps, but be carefull not to use a strong solvents that would dull the reflector. Also be carefull not to touch the white vertical lines on the driving lights as they can be wiped off very easily.
Step three (Legal): Get some new bulbs, silverstars, PIAA and nightbreakers are some good choices
Step four (Not legal): HIDS are the best!!!!!
Step Five: Unfortunately the e30 light covers are made of glass and can get pitted and dull. I suppose you could get them ground down and polished. I have tried to find someone who would do this but to no avail.

clean the outside?

get Meguiars PlastX (1 step ma) or do a headlight detailing where they will polish and wet-sand your headlamps so it is ridden of pits and chips to a nice flat shiny new layer. the prob is the removal of a certain UV protection against yellowing. therefore, suggest is to do the detailing / plastx, then get those invisible plastic sheets to cover headlamps (in ACE hardware got sell with color also)

dear sifus,

wow thanks for the replies, ok surely opened up ideas n things to try on...will go for non-invasive measures first, the non-ammoonia external cleaners. thanks bros :)

zaskar;302597 said:
Step one: Change to larger amp alternator, post 87 e30 version (Improves all other electrical components as well)
Step two: Clean headlamps, but be carefull not to use a strong solvents that would dull the reflector. Also be carefull not to touch the white vertical lines on the driving lights as they can be wiped off very easily.
Step three (Legal): Get some new bulbs, silverstars, PIAA and nightbreakers are some good choices
Step four (Not legal): HIDS are the best!!!!!
Step Five: Unfortunately the e30 light covers are made of glass and can get pitted and dull. I suppose you could get them ground down and polished. I have tried to find someone who would do this but to no avail.

I believe Dr. Cermin or similar service can do this. I had done my front windscreen that had scratch and it gone. Any scratch or pitted that are note to deep can be ground down. They will used some abrasive liquid with polishing machine.

Thanks all sifu for the replies....Got idea what to do. Hmm..what type of bulb for E30?? H1 ist'nt???

Top Bottom