Braking in Neutral

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nautica1973

Club Guest
hey guys, fellow 5'ers, all and sundryAt the traffic lights yesterday in Neutral gear I noticed that the gear knob twitches slightly when i depress my brake. I have heard of crossed lines whilst on the phone, but crossed gear/brakes ?? *scratches head* any takers ?

it's normal..it's your shift stick bushes that need to be replaced..

Hey pussy, that's a quick reply you did there. appreciate that loads. say, just at the top of my head i am wondering if you would know approximately how much damage to my wallet the change would cost me ? i am residing on this exquisite idyllic island called Penang *grin* thus quite apart from AB, there isn't much of a choice where concerns getting-things-done

nautica1973;200320 said:
hey guys, fellow 5'ers, all and sundry

At the traffic lights yesterday in Neutral gear I noticed that the gear knob twitches slightly when i depress my brake. I have heard of crossed lines whilst on the phone, but crossed gear/brakes ?? *scratches head*

any takers ?

actually this is the safety mechanism cable which is attached to the brake pedal..that is the mechanism which requires you to press brake pedal before shifting out from P

9W2MRX-i take it you are a HAM Radio operator from your designation *smile*
Thank you for the explanation, getting to know a fair bit of my E39 in here. i was never a car-person so to speak but since i took a liking to BMW's and coupled with my present purchase, i must say i am getting a tad enthusiastic about the finer points in this vehicle. i like to think of it as being in a Messerschmitt in WW2 *grin*. have a good day sir

nautica1973;200774 said:
9W2MRX-i take it you are a HAM Radio operator from your designation *smile*
Thank you for the explanation, getting to know a fair bit of my E39 in here. i was never a car-person so to speak but since i took a liking to BMW's and coupled with my present purchase, i must say i am getting a tad enthusiastic about the finer points in this vehicle. i like to think of it as being in a Messerschmitt in WW2 *grin*. have a good day sir

hi nautica 1973,

yes, am a ham operator..are you one? welcome to the club and congratulations on your purchase of your E39, one of the finer things in life..he he

nautica1973, you can go to Chu Seng also for repairs, they are capable of repairing most BMW models, E39 included.

Hey ya, nope. not a ham operator. jodie foster's father in the movie Contact was one though yeah ??

that was a great movie...gives me the goosebumps each time i recall the transmission received from space of the 1936 munich 1st olympic games containing a 3 dimensional hidden data. getting sidetracked here. oh my E39, LURVE IT !!!!!!!! fabuloso !! i find myself admiring it daily....aiyo, cannot bear to part with it heh. looking forward todriving it each morning and every evening after work. these days i find the slightest excuse to take it out for a spin, especially night drives where the cabin lights seem to illuminate the interior to an out of this world glow.boyoboy...i'm in lurve

nautica1973;200320 said:
hey guys, fellow 5'ers, all and sundry

At the traffic lights yesterday in Neutral gear I noticed that the gear knob twitches slightly when i depress my brake. I have heard of crossed lines whilst on the phone, but crossed gear/brakes ?? *scratches head*

any takers ?
Bro.. if i'm not wrong.. it's safety measures in auto E39 n other models. We must depress our brake b4 engaging to D/R. If not the car will drag to move. When u depress brake it's unlock gear shiftlock....

My 2 cents... Sifus correct me if i'm wrong..

Seargent;202689 said:
Bro.. if i'm not wrong.. it's safety measures in auto E39 n other models. We must depress our brake b4 engaging to D/R. If not the car will drag to move. When u depress brake it's unlock gear shiftlock....

My 2 cents... Sifus correct me if i'm wrong..

yeah.. you might be right..:) maybe the shift lock is faulty..

meowzer, now was that a subtle hint of mockery i read from your sentence posed as a reply to the military designated title ? perchance it might not be but that "innocent smiley" seemed somewhat too innocent, would you not say ?? *grin*

Top Bottom