Brake Problem - Help!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

onionbay

Club Guest
it was a raining sunday evening. was driving around town. while driving, i felt my brake pedal getting firmer and firmer. i didn't bother much till i got home. once i got down from the car, i could smell the brake at the front emitting a strong smell. (both side) the smell was as thou i got down from genting highland. by the way, i just change my pads not long ago. probably 2 month the most. i'm using bosch pads. can anyone tell me what is the problem for this? brake pump jam? thanks in advance.

if the brake pump is jammed, then why didn't u notice that the brakes are holding your car back.. like driving with the handbrake engaged. and what do u really mean by i felt my brake pedal getting firmer and firmer??

Anyway, better send the car to the workshop to check the brakes. would be difficult to properly remote diagnose your problem. If wrongly advised, it can be fatal.

the meaning of my brake pedal getting firmer and firmer is in terms of the pedal travel. it used to have the spongy feel. but it got firmer.(solid feel when u depress the pedal)

then a few hours later, i went and check out my car again. the probblem dissapear.

u better not drive this car until u know issue......could be servo or the hydraulics, but likely servo and vacuum issues.....

CHECK IT NOW! YES FATAL NOT ONLY TO U!!! PLease!

onionbay said:
the meaning of my brake pedal getting firmer and firmer is in terms of the pedal travel. it used to have the spongy feel. but it got firmer.(solid feel when u depress the pedal)
There is one hose & one way valve attached to the brake booster.

suggest you check both condition.

vacuum leak from brake booster or the one way valve will cause the brake pedal feel hard.

would it be good it i were to flush out the current brake oil and replace a new one? i'm currently using the stock brake booster with a 320i caliper. i'm riding on a 318i

Top Bottom