brake light + DSC indicator

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aidiyanz

Club Guest
Hi,last weekend, during my balik kampung journey, suddenly brake light indicator lighten up...when I checked, the left brake and signal both 'kong'...the right one ok..Need advise wether the bulb need to be replace or something wrong with the system (I believe a lot of censors & electronic stuff)..One more thing, I'm confused wether the DSC is on or not..when I manually push the DSC button..the indicator with tringle symbol was lighten up...is it means ON? or by default it should be ON (without indicator lght up). Thanx in advanced.. --newbie--

when the DSC light is on, it means DSC is off. Play with caution when DSC is off.

Go and check your brake pads and the respective sensors.

Members & Forumers - I also need some feedback here. I've been experiencing this nagging issue on my E46 for the past one year. At times, the telltale lights for the DSC and the brake warning lights remained permanently on (amber/orange color) while driving. Most of the time, the two warning lights would dissappear after I turned-off the engine. But the two warning lights would re-appear and disappear again every now and then for no particular reasons (kejap ada, kejap takdea). My mechanic did the diagnosis & based on the computer results, it just said "error". My mechanic thought that this was due to "contact/sensor problem". Anyone can chip in here on what can be the root-cause and recommended next course of actions?

More recently, the right rear light or brake light warning display also turned-on at times while driving but also dissappeared after the engine was engine off. I checked that both bulbs but were OK. "Contact/sensor issues" as well?

Many thanks!

same problem with me..i just changed the abs sensor of my rear left side,then all problem gone.i done it at seong hoe bmw malacca cost me rm44 for checking error..this thing really cant check at outside workshop,must check at bmw SC or authorised dealer,they use different machine to checki and when i check at outside workshop,the error cannot be appear.abs sensor i bought frm sparepart shop cost me rm330 include labour.after changed problem 100% solve..my ride is e46..just my sharing :)

Hi All..
Yesterday my DSC+Brake light appear but gone after restart the car. Today when to diagnose, the error code was something with front wheel sensor(accident recognition). But after erase the error code, The DSC+Brake light of my car appeared permanently and the computer scan give the following error(the earlier error has gone)..
"5e43 Lateral Acceleration Inten"
Anybody experience this before? I have no idea whats is the problem :(

check your battery magic eye to see if your battery is in good order, lower voltage caused sensor to malfuction sometime, if still the same may need professional help, usually DSC+brake yellow light indicate sensor error.

E46 ABS module

kby*88*;480352 said:
Hi All..
Yesterday my DSC+Brake light appear but gone after restart the car. Today when to diagnose, the error code was something with front wheel sensor(accident recognition). But after erase the error code, The DSC+Brake light of my car appeared permanently and the computer scan give the following error(the earlier error has gone)..
"5e43 Lateral Acceleration Inten"
Anybody experience this before? I have no idea whats is the problem :(

To share my experience with you.

If the DSC+brake light switches are permanently on,you will hear a BEEP sound. Try to switch off the engine and start again. If both lights are still on, the ABS module has failed. If it "on and off" while driving,the both front wheel sensor near the steering arm are both dirty and needs to be cleaned or replace. It does happens to the lateral acceleration and Steering angle sensor also but quite rare,unless your mileage is more than 180-210000km onwards

Another tips for the ABS module& brake lights to on permanently. Change your brake fluid, as bubbles or contaminated fluid may also foul this braking system as well

Thanks

Troll;482251 said:
To share my experience with you.

If the DSC+brake light switches are permanently on,you will hear a BEEP sound. Try to switch off the engine and start again. If both lights are still on, the ABS module has failed. If it "on and off" while driving,the both front wheel sensor near the steering arm are both dirty and needs to be cleaned or replace. It does happens to the lateral acceleration and Steering angle sensor also but quite rare,unless your mileage is more than 180-210000km onwards

Another tips for the ABS module& brake lights to on permanently. Change your brake fluid, as bubbles or contaminated fluid may also foul this braking system as well

Thanks

Hi bro,
Thanks for ur input.
As for my problem, i went to few other worksyop, and the diagnose show that Steering Angle Sensor faulty.
Clear the error, drive after a while it will appear again when i turn to right...yes, i'm sure it only hapen when i turn to right...after i restart the car, light go off but this will only last for few time(restart)...

Troll;482465 said:
Check the right wheel sensor then..

thanks bro..
i'll ask the mech to check it..
most of the mech i went they dont realy want to check....instead they want to change the steering angle sensor which will cost Rm1000++ just for that kotak mancis size thing,he..

Top Bottom