BOGE too hard..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eri

Club Guest
Dear all,last week i have change all 4 pcs BOGE absorber from Bomin Auto Jln Ipoh. They gave me rm870 (1 year warranty) for all 4 pcs excluding mounting,damper. But after change this, my car feel very melantun-lantun (hard) when lalu jalan tak rata. why BOGE so hard ar? I still used original spring..is it BOGE macam tu?:rolleyes:

Boge should have a softer feel than original Sach. Check your mounting dampers.

yea bro..mine is super sport sach{short stroke absober shaft}..much harder than boge..as my xperiance the boge more comfort than sach..

Hi bro Herbet,

already change new mounting and dampers. Or i pasang that getah damper terbalik?That damper yang bahagian rata should at upper pad or at lower pad?If i can draw here...

Herbert;729353 said:
Boge should have a softer feel than original Sach. Check your mounting dampers.

eri;729664 said:
Hi bro Herbet,

already change new mounting and dampers. Or i pasang that getah damper terbalik?That damper yang bahagian rata should at upper pad or at lower pad?If i can draw here...

Will this help on your description :
Nzk3NDRfcA==.png

Thanks Alex5522, this diagram really helped. So yang bahagian rata damper at upper side?huhu

Alex5522;729665 said:
Will this help on your description :
Nzk3NDRfcA==.png

You are running on 18'' wheels surely the ride is compromised. Before the change you didn't realize the hard ride probably because your old Absorbers were damaged & too soft already.

Was that your car at Albert's? Who changed those spark plugs for you that has caused damage to your engine block plug thread?

Hi Vincent,

Yes its my car. Dunno la 1st owner tukar spark plug macam mana. Then Albert said must open engine head, do the new track for that plug.But, ada lagi barang2 lain kena tukar coz open that head. Albert quote me around RM3500. Very sad la. Im just owned this car from January this year till now, 10k terbang.:motz:

Vincent Hor;731319 said:
You are running on 18'' wheels surely the ride is compromised. Before the change you didn't realize the hard ride probably because your old Absorbers were damaged & too soft already.

Was that your car at Albert's? Who changed those spark plugs for you that has caused damage to your engine block plug thread?

eri;731746 said:
.....Im just owned this car from January this year till now, 10k terbang.:motz:

Bro, money well spent (provided you changed the necessary wear n tear parts etc) to bring up to speed and enjoy your ride.... this is called passion. Believe me you would be rewarded soon.....

eri;731746 said:
Hi Vincent,

Yes its my car. Dunno la 1st owner tukar spark plug macam mana. Then Albert said must open engine head, do the new track for that plug.But, ada lagi barang2 lain kena tukar coz open that head. Albert quote me around RM3500. Very sad la. Im just owned this car from January this year till now, 10k terbang.:motz:

The spark plug thread is planted very deep. Since the original thread is already spoilt, you have no choice but to rethread. If you don't solve this problem, your spark plug will "tendang" out from the sparkie slot. As a result it could also damage your spark plug coil pack.

Because it's planted so deep, I think he has to remove the head to do a good job. Therefore you will need new head gasket set. And since the head is out, ask him to replace those valve seals too. You don't want to revisit this 6 months later. It would also be a good time to check and replace the oil separator and 3 pieces of air hose if necessary. Trust me if they have not been replaced, they are probably clog up as much as 60-80%.

What's the offset of your wheels? I notice it's pretty aggressive. The original offset is 47 but my guess those on your wheels could be less than 30. This could also affect your ride.

Yup same as pictures u post.mine rasa mcm adjustable..huhu

Alex5522;731750 said:
Bro, mine was same as yours but i feel soft on this abs. FYI mine setup was Eibach+Boge Automatic(Both Front) Eibach+Ori Sach(Both Rear). I didn't change the rear abs because it was still in good condition while my one side of Front abs was leaked.

Your Boge Abs like this right? And you can refer my posting at #1213: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?55-E46-parts-amp-maintenance/page122

6781950974_57bb691a6c.jpg

Yes Vincent,

100% same symptom what u mentioned.nasib baik my plug x tendang ke jalan coz have engine cover. I already ask Albert to change all the parts u mentioned.Hope this Wednesday my car will fine..BTW, my rims is for 3 series,offset i think 37.front wheel 8", rear 9"..

Vincent Hor;731843 said:
The spark plug thread is planted very deep. Since the original thread is already spoilt, you have no choice but to rethread. If you don't solve this problem, your spark plug will "tendang" out from the sparkie slot. As a result it could also damage your spark plug coil pack.

Because it's planted so deep, I think he has to remove the head to do a good job. Therefore you will need new head gasket set. And since the head is out, ask him to replace those valve seals too. You don't want to revisit this 6 months later. It would also be a good time to check and replace the oil separator and 3 pieces of air hose if necessary. Trust me if they have not been replaced, they are probably clog up as much as 60-80%.

What's the offset of your wheels? I notice it's pretty aggressive. The original offset is 47 but my guess those on your wheels could be less than 30. This could also affect your ride.

Offset 37 should be ok. Maybe you are not used to the stiffness of the new Absorbers as compared to the previous ones. I guess the better road holding is very much evident now.

to my findings, boge have the most comfort or soft settings..even compare to sachs which is come from the same mother..one more thing to check, make sure the absorber not for 6cyclinder. which will be hard if u fit into a 4cyclinder (318i)..front absorber will be different parts number then the 6cyclinder.but as for rear, all 4 and 6 cyclinder will be same parts number...

Hi gendong,

Its true bro..today my baby discharge from Albert.My engine come very senyap n pickup so sedap..TQ..
gendong;731791 said:
Bro, money well spent (provided you changed the necessary wear n tear parts etc) to bring up to speed and enjoy your ride.... this is called passion. Believe me you would be rewarded soon.....

Hi McFir7,

Thanks for ur advise..Already checked the absorber and its for 318i 2.0..
McFir7;731989 said:
to my findings, boge have the most comfort or soft settings..even compare to sachs which is come from the same mother..one more thing to check, make sure the absorber not for 6cyclinder. which will be hard if u fit into a 4cyclinder (318i)..front absorber will be different parts number then the 6cyclinder.but as for rear, all 4 and 6 cyclinder will be same parts number...

Top Bottom