Body coating - F30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Davinnci

Club Guest
Hi sifusTo seek your kind advise, I'm getting my 320i this month, should I go for coating? If yes, which brand is recommended? Anyone to share the pro and cons?Many thanks!

So many coating products out there. Almost any brand will do. Coat your car if you're the type to conventionally wax your car every 30 days. If you're not very bothered about appearance, spend that RM2k elsewhere like a good tint job.

Let us know your budget maybe we can give you some opinions... :D
can range from a few hundreds to a few thousands... :)

lazzydogg;811637 said:
Let us know your budget maybe we can give you some opinions... :D
can range from a few hundreds to a few thousands... :)

What's your commendation? For me I think f30 deserve better coating, how much?

ICEMAN 68;811669 said:
check out detaliens at the vendor's zone ...

Anybody tried detaliens out for the coating? how good and how long does this coating last? no more visit to those normal wash polish and wax car wash after this?

honey282;811736 said:
Anybody tried detaliens out for the coating? how good and how long does this coating last? no more visit to those normal wash polish and wax car wash after this?

Coating is a general term using out there. You have to know what type of coating they offer to you whether is polymer coating, glass coating or something else.
The duration is varies depends on type of coating from 6 months till 5 yrs.

Davinnci;811706 said:
What's your commendation? For me I think f30 deserve better coating, how much?

I paid RM1800 to coat my F30, and RM800 for the E30. I don't see much difference in result. Conclusion is find the lowest priced service for a proper job.

Alternatively, send your car for polishing (cheap cheap), then apply the coat yourself - a RM250 bottle can coat 3 medium sized cars.

Eaton;811745 said:
Coating is a general term using out there. You have to know what type of coating they offer to you whether is polymer coating, glass coating or something else.
The duration is varies depends on type of coating from 6 months till 5 yrs.

Which would be the best compound in protecting the paint? My main concern would be to avoid stone chip scratches that we often see on the front bumper. Paint peels from this stone chips.

mizhan;811746 said:
I paid RM1800 to coat my F30, and RM800 for the E30. I don't see much difference in result. Conclusion is find the lowest priced service for a proper job.

Alternatively, send your car for polishing (cheap cheap), then apply the coat yourself - a RM250 bottle can coat 3 medium sized cars.

Actually, you should buy 7 bottles can coat for your car instead spent rm1,800 for the coating.
You can coat your car 3 times a year for 7 years then just sell your car

honey282;811750 said:
Which would be the best compound in protecting the paint? My main concern would be to avoid stone chip scratches that we often see on the front bumper. Paint peels from this stone chips.

If you are concern about the stone chips and scratches, then go for PPF for the bumper, headlight and the bonnet.
The rest of the body can coat with the body coating.

Eaton;811758 said:
If you are concern about the stone chips and scratches, then go for PPF for the bumper, headlight and the bonnet.
The rest of the body can coat with the body coating.

PPF u mean the body wrapping type?

PPF = Paint Protection Film or ClearBra or stone guard or 犀牛膜 (in Chinese) are the same thing

There are many brands in the market right now - Avery Nano Fusion, Xpel, Premium Shield, Llumar, DuraShield, Solarguard ClearShield, 3M Scotchgard, 3M VentureShield..

you can see the car installed with PPF from this link http://www.facebook.com/pages/InvisibleShield/151483711587534

How about Tribos? Not sure if it falls under the category you're asking. Having seen Mazda cars in Malaysia with Tribos coating, it looks like a good choice.

Recently heard about Tribos. The package is good as it covers the body paint (polymer), glass, rim and fabric protection.
Hope to hear the comment from those used the Tribos for their cars.

Anybody can advise what is the difference between Tribos and Opticoat? Which product has an edge over the other? Opticoat package is more expensive than Tribos by around RM600+

I think the money spent is not worth it.... Just wax every 3 months n polish twice a year and ur ride will be in excellent condition. IMHO.

Top Bottom