BMW318 maintenance.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

novolic_jr

Club Guest
ok.juz want to ask.i'm inetersted to buy BMW 318 model around 1995-2000.is there any Maintenance schedule for me to refer when to make srvice.how much i need to save my sallary every month to make sure i won't have problem to repair the car if anything happen.TQ.

Hmmm .. tough questions ..

1995 - E36
2000 - E46 (infact 1999 started already).

maintenance varies - other than the normal oil change.

Ranges from a few buck a month to a few thousands a month !!
Could be the auto gearbox, gaskets, shockers, all the rubber bushing etc etc ..

That excludes 17" tires, rims, sport suspension, bodykit, performance chip bla bla bla ...

For comparison;

My current E34 5 series - spent over 50K for the past 4 yrs
My old E30 3 series - spend over 40K in 7 years.

Banyak Makan Wang maaa ...

you ni buat orang gentar just like the day I decided to get BMW but for me I always go against for what was advice, if you love it go for it don't think of expanditure or so.

Originally posted by novolic_jr@Nov 20 2005, 08:00 PM
agak2 my sallary around RM4K++ a month is it enough to have BMW.
if you're single and don't have much financial obligations, like house mortgage, etc, RM4K monthly salary would be enough (that is if that RM4K is net of tax and your bimmer instalment payment), though a little tight to save some for rainy days.

novolic_jr,

My advice is to get the bimmer from an owner who takes very good care of her. That will be less breakdown maintenance for you...only the preventative maintenance which should not dry your wallet too much.

I'm worried as hell when deciding to get a bimmer...my take home pay ain't that big man...but as my friends keep saying...dont worry about the future, enjoy the present...think of all the pleasures you will get with the ultimate driving machine..... :yahoo:

p.s. I have a Kancil I.C.E....

Originally posted by novolic_jr@Nov 20 2005, 04:24 PM
ok.juz want to ask.i'm inetersted to buy BMW 318 model around 1995-2000.is there any Maintenance schedule for me to refer when to make srvice.how much i need to save my sallary every month to make sure i won't have problem to repair the car if anything happen.TQ.
hi novolic jr, im just like you, i mean when deciding buying a BMW!
hav heard lot of comments from friends/relatives b4 getting a BMW that the maintenance for BMW are very high! but sad, none of them own a BMW, semua dengar cakap orang! this is my 14th car and the first continental i hav own. recently i had my car repair n found out that the cost is not much of a different wit japs or malaysian car. maybe on certain parts might be higher, but it is not always as long you maintain ur car properly, by not trashing all the way!
i hav 3 cars wit me now, semuanya murah punya, the highest maintenance
of all the car i owe will be my honda inspire which parts are not easily get! my aeroback wira got it engine change due to crack on the chassis for no apparent reason and my kancil is new, no problem yet, been driving my kancil for a year and a half without changing the black oil! never sent for service till now!
if you view the forum on the e36 maintenace, you will notice the cost of some maintenance are high cause some of it include the purchased of rims, tyres and accesories... this is call cari penyakit!
don't expect free non-maintenace when buying a second! it is understood!
mesti ada sikit sikit kena buat after few weeks/months driving it!
bila duit sudah lebih, then can start doing the facelift or whatever you intended to do... janganlah buat sekali gus, unless you are loadedlah!
cakap saja! just my experience for time being! :p

Personally (no offence intended), I feel a 2nd-hand UDM offers much better value, considering that in the 1st year, most problems with the car would already have been sorted out by the 1st owner, and if you're buying a 4-5 year old car, chances are the owner would have taken reasonable, if not great care of the car - masih baru ma!

Of course, you must know why the owner is selling la!

always go for the car that has a full service history with receipts to prove .

then the other thing is if it comes with all the ori body kits and rims all the better .

Great looking E30 for sales are hard to come by . Most of the owner i own will never sell theirs .

Happy Hunting .

once you own you bimmer , it will find a place in your heart and stay .

ayo , what bad england .

i meant " most of the owner of nice e36 will most likely keep their car as they have spent so much money to do it up "
:blush:

I bought mine for rm82k recently. very good condition. since then have spent close to rm10k to perfect it (i.e. change the undercarriage (suspension, tyres etc), renew all seals, engine repair & maintenance, some interior upholstery, sound system etc.

However, you really feel great and satisfied after spending those money knowing very well it can last. German engineering is really first class. With the same amount, u can only buy a vios, city or swift......which one u prefer? the M43 engine is the easiest engine to maintain and it will last. Just try to get a good and honest mechanic to do the work. No need to masuk the spealist centre like AB etc for servicing...that will be very killing.

:D .....m40 also easy to maintain maaa.... hahahah....anyway... novolic.. happy hunting.. ehheeh :yahoo:

Have spend about not more than 4k during 3 year of owning E36 M40..most change wear & tear...Change rear absorber with bush..cost RM700..change airflow meter cost around RM300(Recond unit)..change front disc brake with brake pad..cost RM1k..and some other minor thing..I can say the service cost are on par with Perdana..if not lower...Don't always listen to ppl say it is expensive ..these ppl mostly dunno..as they also been informed by misinformed...blind leading the blind...

Just find a rich chick to finance your habits and luxuries .......including your beamer. women do it to lonely gullible men all the time!

Originally posted by Stud_Daddy@Dec 20 2005, 11:41 AM
Just find a rich chick to finance your habits and luxuries .......including your beamer. women do it to lonely gullible men all the time!
i am still trying to find one, not no luck up to now, how? :(

Top Bottom