BMW x3 2013

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Alienfighter

Wow!! you hv really made some miles in 2 weeks!!!. I'm still adding those miles but not much. Still below 5000 km.
Currently FC at 9.7 L/100km due to urban driving. Yes, it drops gradually but not much. I dont think you can get to that 7.5 L/100km cause my 328i after 22000 km still averaging around 8.2 L/100 km. And this is sedan compared to SAV. so..no way if you ask me you can get 7.5 L/100km. Anyway, any problem on parking? My SA told me they are still finalizing on the reverse camera price. my wife is struggling to park and really need the reverse camera. She has no problem driving it but parking a little bit of problem. i'm okay so far.

The force Awakens, Cheers

razibar said:
Alienfighter

Wow!! you hv really made some miles in 2 weeks!!!. I'm still adding those miles but not much. Still below 5000 km.
Currently FC at 9.7 L/100km due to urban driving. Yes, it drops gradually but not much. I dont think you can get to that 7.5 L/100km cause my 328i after 22000 km still averaging around 8.2 L/100 km. And this is sedan compared to SAV. so..no way if you ask me you can get 7.5 L/100km. Anyway, any problem on parking? My SA told me they are still finalizing on the reverse camera price. my wife is struggling to park and really need the reverse camera. She has no problem driving it but parking a little bit of problem. i'm okay so far.

The force Awakens, Cheers
Just driving to office everyday, urban driving too.
So the 7.5l/100km is like impossible to achieve, so brave BMW to put it in paper...
Actually, I drove using EcoPro most of the time, also can't get the number lower.

So far I have no problem parking (even this also my first SUV) but like ur wife, my wife also have some difficulties to park, and she also wish that BMW have reverse camera. Do let me know how much SA quote u, cuz if the price right, maybe we should fix the reverse camera too.

Alienfighter,

My SA told me this morning the reverse camera for X3 is now available for installation but the price is little bit high at ~RM5400 w/o labor.
If interested, need to place order first and pay in advance for them to order from German and it might take ~2-3 weeks.

Right? Outside less 1k can get, but warranty sure kacau... My wife think 5.4k just too expensive and not worth paying (it's like put a high-end DSLR on back of your car... lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beemerback said:
5.4k just for the camera is too much. For comparison, the camera fitting the F10 is 2.5k, including labour charges.
U sure bro? its being listed about RM4.8k @ Quill unless there's a promotion going on now. The F30 reverse camera retails @ RM3.5k w/o labour when I asked about it last week but stock only arriving next year possibly after CNY =_=

But the price for the X3 is too much...you might wanna try installing the same original camera in SG..might be cheaper.

I did mine when i bought my car last year. Come to think of it they should have given it free coz the lci model was launched just 3 months after that.

razibar said:
Alienfighter,

My SA told me this morning the reverse camera for X3 is now available for installation but the price is little bit high at ~RM5400 w/o labor.
If interested, need to place order first and pay in advance for them to order from German and it might take ~2-3 weeks.
Which branch u ask bro?

jeffreyewe said:
Its just a matter of getting used to i guess. i still prefer the old fashion Beep Beep Beep:)
Classic always win... Hahaha

beemerback said:
5.4k just for the camera is too much. For comparison, the camera fitting the F10 is 2.5k, including labour charges.
Which branch bro? Is this mean different AD quote different price?

beemerback said:
I did mine when i bought my car last year. Come to think of it they should have given it free coz the lci model was launched just 3 months after that.
Actually all new BMW should have for the price we've paid...
But this is one way for them to gain more money...

The strongest bargaining power is at the point of purchase of the car. Anything after that is goodwill. The price I mentioned is given as a point of reference, relative to the circumstances at the time of purchase.
I bought my car at Wearnes.

Yup, the camera would surely help in parking and avoid cost of repairs.

Fitting in a black box recorder would also help in claims if an undesired incident would happened. Would like to invest into one but does anybody know if it can be incorporated with the idrive system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, i got my pre-facelift since dec last year. Driving kuantan-kl every week. Now 8 mths already clocked 25K km. FC 10L/100km, on eco pro mode, mostly highway. Ave speed 120km, guarantee no saman. Max speed tested 190++km/hr.

Mine since weekend drive most of the time, only clocked 10k / 8months, FC still around 11.4L/100km since driving within Klang Valley. Never tested max speed yet, but how was the car during those 190++km/h drive Yuzman?

190km/h was done on bumpy LPT2 highway, i think car is fine with that speed, tyre is 240km/h rating. If u wanna try suggest use cruise control so that your foot does not need to do the heavy work.

Dear all
Im glad this tread is back alive and kicking. Ive not been doing that much mile either. So far clocked 12k km since nov-14. Avg FC 10.4 km/liter. Recently installed rearview camera at AB, Glenmarie for ~ rm5k inclusive of labor. Also had the USB port replaced due to faulty port. So far im enjoying my ride. Yesterday, received sms from quill for X1 test drive and a look at M3.

hi all,

am relatively a newbie to this forum group, although have been reading the threads in the past (including the previous forum before migration to this group).

currently own and drive pre-LCI F25 20d for almost 2 years now (full-spec version, minus the DDC from CBU models).. excellent fuel consumption if driven in very civilized mode (i.e. within legal speed limits), even then above legal speed limits still frugal relative to gasoline-siblings.. town driving not too bad, on"eco-pro" mode.. but never liked the auto start-stop feature, so it's always disabled.. and still return very decent mileage. only need to do intermediate own service (at around 7,000 - 8,000 kms, half of the recommended interval of 15,000 kms) at own expense, as the free BS+RI only covers the recommended service intervals. but a small price to pay for the longevity of the engine, considering the "less-than-ideal" Euro 2M diesel quality.. can't wait for the Euro 5 diesel to be available in the Klang Valley..

only worry now is the introduction of B10 biodiesel in October - how it will affect my drive (and other diesel BMW owners), given that BMW has come out to say that their diesel engines can only run up to B7 (if not mistaken most diesels at the pump now are B5 - B7 grade).

still waiting another official statement from BMW Malaysia on this matter.

btw, just wondering if the ride does really make a difference between the CBU models with DDC vs. the CKD models on conventional suspension set-up. haven't had the opportunity to do a comparison test.

on another notes, anybody has any specific issues (besides already shared here) so far?

cheers.

My F25 only have a minor problem with its headlamps water spray as the internal piping system somehow leaked and drain my wiper water tank dry, the issue solved after report to IngressAuto and the replace with new part.

Other than that, I'm happy with my car (just FC still consider high compared with others)

Top Bottom