BMW wins 50th WTCC Race

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

OSFlanker

Club Guest
From www.fiawtcc.com :The victory claimed by Andy Priaulx in the second race at Brno was BMW’s 50th in the FIA World Touring Car Championship since 2005.BMW Motorsport director Mario Theissen paid a well deserved tribute to this successful programme: “Our heartiest congratulations to BMW Team RBM and Andy Priaulx. We are proud to have celebrated our 50th victory in the WTCC. There have been many memorable moments, such as Priaulx’s triumphs in Macau, or Alessandro Zanardi’s first win at Oschersleben in 2005. With the BMW 320i and also the BMW 320si we regularly featured at the sharp end during the past 124 races and were able to post victories even under very difficult circumstances. I hope we can improve our position during the course of this year so as to be fighting for the championship at the finale in Macau. My thanks to all the drivers, teams, and team members of BMW Motorsport who made these 50 victories possible.”A total of eight drivers obtained victories for BMW in the WTCC since 2005: Andy Priaulx (17), Augusto Farfus (11), Jörg Müller (10), Dirk Müller (4), Alessandro Zanardi (4), Félix Porteiro (2), Duncan Huisman (1) and Sergio Hernández (1).

1rom0097.jpg

img_5267.jpg

2br_3512.jpg

br3_4212.jpg

img_8776.jpg

watched the race last night on 814, just before F1 started... I think it's more interesting than the F1 race... :p

The Chevy Cruze is pretty competitive against the BMWs, but the Seat TDi is still the one to beat though.. The low end punch of the turbo diesel is too much for the NA petrol 2.0L engine of the rest... The advantage of the RWD having better tyre wear wasn't enuf to overtake the front heavy SEAT towards the end of the 1st race...

The BMW can only sapu the trophies in a wet race where the SEAT will be all over the corners having difficulty getting the right lines, the chassis balance is really awful. But in dry race, those turbo diesels are pretty untouchable.

I wonder when the BMW is gonna use the 302d engine.. :(

Manufacturer standing is:

1. Chevolet
2. Seat Leon
3. BMW :(

Meanwhile, just got to know the 320d engine has just been upgraded to produce 184hp from 177hp. 0-100km beat 325i 0.1s, only top speed lose 325i by 9kph, 233kph vs 242kph.. :top:

Yup, tested with the 325i. The upgraded 320d held it's own pretty easily even on the Mex :)

The big chief with Augusto "Wuss" Farfus' car. The fella is fast but he just ain't good at the rough wheel to wheel stuff required in touring car racing.

718855702_J5Gsz-M.jpg

Alain Menu, ex-BMW, ex-Renault, ex-a lot of brands, now-Chevy driver. At almost 50 years old, he is still very good and still one of the fastest driver over the twisty sections at Macau.

718868299_zmNFZ-M.jpg

Darn, it's been almost a year since we were at Macau....

At least Farfus is friendlier than Priaulx!!

Okie, Priaulx was a little friendlier after he qualified 2nd!

One of my favourite driver, James Thompson in a LADA, previously as privateer with an Alfa 156, ballsy driver!

eh, the 2nd photo you posted is correct or not? That one is always friendly when she gets into uniform lah ;-)

ALBundy;548456 said:
OMG... Astroboy=docrayboy!!!!;) ;)

I 've successfully managed to hynoptise even the mighty astroboy into being a future diesel-head with my non-stop rantings about how good the 320d is!:top:

oh, so our 320d can be update the Torgue and HP? how it can be done astroboy or ray?

I dunno le.. but if got turbo, then mod is greatly possible. Your only worry is the pump up of extra torque from 380Nm into the 400 zones, can your gearbox tahan or not? But durability is usually the least concern for modders la. They just want more, at any price, even if the car has to spend more time in the workshop.. :p :D

If any tune kit is available, we shall be posting it here in the forum, stay tuned.. :wink:

.. and u will receive invitation for power test as part of the poison package.. :listen:

astroboy;548770 said:
I dunno le.. but if got turbo, then mod is greatly possible. Your only worry is the pump up of extra torque from 380Nm into the 400 zones, can your gearbox tahan or not?

The gearbox should be able to take the extra torque, haven't heard problems on it yet.

zhul;549484 said:
The gearbox should be able to take the extra torque, haven't heard problems on it yet.

Coming to tonite's borneo rainforest tt zhul and cklein?

OSF, Albundy, excellent sharing!! More pic, especially the people in uniforms :)

By the way, anything in between 2liter and 3liter that's in the pipeline of BMW diesel engine development? Such as a 2.5Liter 6porter.

Top Bottom