2005 WTCC (Inaugural Season)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
In racing trims, even a Chevrolet looks good! This is driven by Alain Menu, he from the BTCC days.

:D hey guys..i missed all the races!!sigh!! whens the next race going to be shown on astro? which channel?
really crazy about TCCs..used to follow BTCC when i was studying in scotland in the early 90s.
cud anyone pm/sms(012-3939539) me the timings of the races on astro?
thanx guys.

there's WTCC race yesterday CH80 ( I forgot ) started at 7pm - 8pm

The RWD BMW overpowered the Alfa ( Tarquini )

the bmw is so similar like BMW used in AFOS .

Originally posted by bazet@Jun 14 2005, 01:11 PM
there's WTCC race yesterday CH80 ( I forgot ) started at 7pm - 8pm

The RWD BMW overpowered the Alfa ( Tarquini )

the bmw is so similar like BMW used in AFOS .
It was on Channel 82. The BMW in AFOS is the same spec - Super2000 prepped car. Buy from BMW Motorsport at around EURO100,000 per car.

Yes, Magny Cours seems to favour BMW (the only rear wheel drive cars on the grid) as they have dominated there for the last few years. Seems the hard braking and sweepers favour the BMW platform.

Did you notice the camber setting on the rear wheels? awesome!

==============================================
13/06/2005
19:00:00
WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP FIA WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 MAGNY COURS, FRANCE Highlights(T)
14/06/2005
09:00:00
WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP FIA WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 MAGNY COURS, FRANCE Highlights®

14/06/2005
14:30:00
WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP FIA WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 MAGNY COURS, FRANCE Highlights®
14/06/2005
20:00:00
WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP FIA WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 SILVERSTONE, GREAT BRITAIN Highlights(T)
=============================================
15/06/2005
03:00:00
WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP FIA WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 SILVERSTONE, GREAT BRITAIN Highlights®
============================================

17/06/2005
18:00:00
WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP FIA WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 IMOLA, SAN MARINO Highlights(T)
18/06/2005
07:00:00
WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP FIA WORLD TOURING CARS CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 IMOLA, SAN MARINO Highlights®

In touring car race, which have advantage ? FWD or RWD ?

I've seen the old good days racing when 320i e36 driven by a german in BTCC 1992-1993 campaign...the fight was on Silverstone track....Vectra vs BMW E36

OSF,

Thanks for your SMS yesterday on the telecast....I actually tot of sms-ing u but then u were faster!

After I watch how the ALFA's take each other out......then I recall how some of the AROC members drive in MyKart races! This is very bad influence-lah LOL LOL!!! :)

Good race but also very physical IMHO.

Originally posted by Jules@Jun 15 2005, 05:50 PM
After I watch how the ALFA's take each other out......then I recall how some of the AROC members drive in MyKart races! This is very bad influence-lah LOL LOL!!! :)

Good race but also very physical IMHO.
Why, scared ah??? I am going to tell Steward about your comment, then you will see who will be taken out during the next MyKart race :p

Touring car racing has been like this since the beginning. I guess when you are in a tin top, the car can take bumps better than an open wheeler!

Bazet, seems that RWD vs FWD will depend on :

1. the track
2. the rules

Seems the RWD accelerates out of corner better due to being able to power through the corner and also the squat during hard acceleration (thus better traction). So it seems in tracks where there are more slower corners the RWD is advantageous. Every year the BMW dominates the Macau GP - eating the Hondas and Alfas for breakfast and the SEATs for lunch.

The Super2000 rules stipulate different minimum weights for FWD and RWD cars, At the moment it's 1140kg for FWD and 1170kg for RWD. In the Silverstone round, the FIA decided to reduce the minimum weight for FWD resulting in Alfa winning race 1 and a SEAT winning race 2, and no BMW on the podium for both races.

:D OS thanx for the timings.. WTCC in my opinion is more exciting to watch than F1,keeping my fingers crossed that they bring it to sepang next season.gonna start looking for WTCC merchandise..

:D hey guys..when's the latest WTCC race gonna be televised on astro??? i've missed all the races so far!! sigh!!

:D hey guys..latest news the alfas are dominating especially at the turkish race.

apparently RWD cars kena put in some ballasts to the tune of 60kgs+10kgs.. what a bummer!!!! the bimmers are being victimised.

well,actually i don't know the reasons for the ballasts..but its probably for a darn good reason..anyone care to enlighten us??

next race in valencia on the 2nd of october is going to favour the alfas again..and they are just 3points behind!!! damn!!!!

Top Bottom