BMW to gang up with Toyota to make sport cars

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zhul

Club Guest
Marriage made in hell I think :wink: Toyota is the Mercedes of Japan! Honda would have been a better match.-------------------------------------------------------Tokyo/Munich . Akio Toyoda, President of Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), met today with Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, at BMW Group headquarters in Munich to announce the planned expansion of their existing cooperation initiated in December last year. The two companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at long-term strategic collaboration in four fields: joint development of a fuel cell system, joint development of architecture and components for a future sports vehicle, collaboration on powertrain electrification and joint research and development on lightweight technologies.Also today, Norbert Reithofer and Akio Toyoda of TMC both signed a Joint Statement to reconfirm their companies’ shared intention to strengthen the long-term, strategic collaboration between them.More here

Hmmm.... then those BMW 1/2JZ's would be considered 'official' BMW's.... :wink:

seech;754825 said:
Hmmm.... then those BMW 1/2JZ's would be considered 'official' BMW's.... :wink:
Padan muka 'haters'!!!...he..he..he..

BMW and Toyota both are the most well-known car manufacturers in the automotive industry. This is the first time I have heard that the two big car making companies are making a sports car in joint venture. So this is the great news for those people who want to buy a great sports car.

Maybe BMW agreed to the partnership after seeing the GT86. That Toyota's feel for some strange reason reminds me of the E30

interesting...see what can they come out this time since i had both E30 and AE86 he he he...

It's likely because Toyota is desperate and they don't have the knowledge nor the ability to create sports cars after they threw away all their engineers after the Supra to make cheap toy cars.
Even their new GT86 is more like a rebadged Subaru.

Top Bottom