BMW , pioneer that everyone follow

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sam1741

Club Guest
hi all...post a thread about my feelings....maybe you can help me add some point also...i feel that BMW will be the first one to come out with .. new design, new ideathan everyone will tends to follow....1. battery on bootI think BMW is the first car manufacturer to put battery on the boot, for production carto make the car balance in weight.than all the sudden, in the 90s , everyone that modify their japanese car... wan to move their battery to the boot.....2. side skirti think BMW first come out with the side body that looks like side skirt (but actually is part of the body)that is aerodynamic.Than suddently.. everyone who modify their car wan to put similar side skirt on their car.....3. carbon fibre rooffew years ago, there is new bmw M3and first time in production car... BMW put the carbon fibre roofthan SUDDENLY, everyone also wan to followand everyone go to paint their japanese car roof black coloreven proton car doo that, everyone else also doing that4. angle-eye lighti think BMW first putting angle light in their production car? (please correct me if i'm wrong)than all of sudden, everyone also .. follow the trendjapenese car, korean car, local car, and even moto bike...all wan to do 'angle eye' for their car....5. shark fin antenna BMW first putting a shark fin antenna on their car...and than suddenly... everyone also wan to buy one for their carand some even buy.. 10 or 20 of them.. and stick togetherto make them become looking like the diffuser mitsubishi created....please correct me if i'm wrong..my knowledge is very limited...i know there are more more stuff that BMW start making it possible on production carthan the car modify guy will follow the trend...please help me to fill in some that i left out...

BMW have M-Sport package for non M model.
Lexus copied them with the F-Sport :eek::stupid:

isf_badge.jpg

hmm..

today add one thing

the z3, z4 side sharkfin hole...
many ppl wan to imitate that in their car. :)

i believe the idrive was first introduced by bmw ...now merc, lexus n audi are putting their version of idrive too.

totally agree regarding the iDrive. i 1st come to learn that bmw is the 1st to come out with iDrive system of all tha car manufacturer. soon after, suddenly all car come out with their so call iDrive. WTF

The one thing that I feel was the most obvious was when Chris Bangle released his 7-series. Much was made about how ugly the boot lid looked sitting 'on top'. Now if you take a look, Lexus and Merc are also designing cars with such a boot.

i might be wrong, but i think twin tail pipe started by bmw- esp in ///M series
now every car wanna follow.. small car, big car, van..small cc, big cc, all has twin pipe.

Top Bottom