BMW Make Noise After Engine Off or Others

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Anthony5785

Club Guest
Dear Sifu,Have you ever experience, when you off the car engine, close the door and wait for a while.....then suddenly appear "Tuck" x approximately 5 times.....such sound don't appear all the time but just randomly....

that's the sound made by cooling down pipping (exhaust) etc... it will appears louder/more frequent esp at a cooler environment etc..

Its normal for bmw. according to Morse code it means, WTF you drive so hard hahaha. I always open my hood once reach home to let engine cool faster.

Most of the time i also head some sound like air release from the exhaust box ..this will start after i park the car at posh and the sound will last for at least 2-3 hrs. what is this ?

Shiva,

The sound is water from air-con drain pipe dripping onto the exhaust box. Go to workshop, jack up your car and ask mechanic to extend/move the drain pipe hose.

Bro Herbert...

TQVM for the explanation .

Just curious still...and pls advice

The aircon setup is up in front and how come the water drip can end up at the rear exhaust box? or the water is dripping at front ( engine bay ) and i can hear the sound at rear ( exhaust box ) ?

Is this normal? any complication if i just leave it as it is?

First when i heard that sound i tot its some kinda of high tech system that is discharging the heat from the engine in a efficient way . wakakakakaka

cheers bro .

Anthony5785;653522 said:
Hi there,!!

Thanks for the advise...by the way, do u know any TT in JB??

I am not too sure about the TT, maybe we can have one in future.

shiva73;654960 said:
Bro Herbert...

TQVM for the explanation .

Just curious still...and pls advice

The aircon setup is up in front and how come the water drip can end up at the rear exhaust box? or the water is dripping at front ( engine bay ) and i can hear the sound at rear ( exhaust box ) ?

Is this normal? any complication if i just leave it as it is?

First when i heard that sound i tot its some kinda of high tech system that is discharging the heat from the engine in a efficient way . wakakakakaka

cheers bro .

Kind of difficult to pin-point where the sound originated from unless car is jacked-up for inspection. A bit annoying hearing such sound and if you can tolerate it, just leave it alone.

Top Bottom