BMW M Track Experience Asia 2012

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My first track session was a bit of a let down coz the convoy was just too sloooow...! Not the fault of the organisers or the lead car though, just diff participants have diff expectations and track experience. It was so bad that on the back straight, I barely changed to 4th gear. JCKL and I inadvertently switched groups during the mid-session refuelling and our 2nd group was much better. That was when I had switched to the Carbon Edition M3 and boy, oh boy... dreamt so sweetly last night. The M3 is awesome fun and the way it handles, make you feel like champion. What an ideal track monster!

MRsamdol;753232 said:
Got into my car after the event then i wondered... how the hell did bundy do that on the track? Thanks for the Taxi ride, missed track time for it but it's ok cause i got to be in three different ///M in track time cause my m5 ran out of fuel halfway :)

Bro I can always show u what your car can do on street roads, make sure got spare rear tires ready:)

I think most of all sums up the event of the day. No doubt it was beautifully organised, there were some dissapointment along the ways.

Firstly, as all agreed with all the hype on the F10M5 I do agree with t2ribena that it didn't really 'WOW' me nor my co-driver that day. Perhaps it was best suited for autobahn and not so much for track.

Secondly, convoy was slow. Maybe this was due to the fact that many was a first timer on SIC, hence you hear the Instructors yelling away to them to stay on the lines. Again, many came to try on the Ms which most of them never had a chance to do on any other day. Perhaps the Ms was another intimidating factor apart from the track, seen here with the slower cars in my video attached earlier.

Finally, as AlBundy put it the M3 (N/A) is still the best around the track. Perfectly balanced and I do really like the V8 and exhaust note when downshifting!

Overall, as XXX mentioned nice giveaways by the organiser but I feel if there's another one in the near future, a form of screening i.e. track experience will be a good benchmark for all to have a more spirited track M day out. I believe then, the Instructors will also have a field day too :)

I wonder what will the next M3 like, IL6 with twin turbo?

The above comments on the F10 M5 are most interesting. I thought the car was touted as amazing, awesome etc by so many reviews. Maybe the convoy style track outing did not allow some of you to feel the car's potential?

When I was out on Sepang for that Porsche week there was no convoy. Just go out with instructor for one lap as he tells you driving line, braking points, what gear etc. then you just go out and try your bestest on the car. That really allowed me to get a good feel of the Porsche.

....... the organiser should have group those with track experience and those without, so as not to spoil the flow of the convoy.

Owning these 2 beasts, E92M3 & F10M5, these are 2 different kind of beast.

The M3 are light, agile and high revving. The power can really be unleashed at around 5500 rpm. It is very fast and easier to tame. The high revving engine is very addictive especially with the Akra.

The M5 are heavier but the higher torque allow it to climb the speed faster than M3, on paper its 0 to century about 0.2 sec faster than the M3. The power will be unleashed earlier than the M3, at around 1500 rpm. It is very fast but U need to learn to tame it properly then U will be happy driving it. That's why I could understand why the M5 was totalled during the media session.

In my opinion, the new M6 will combined these two M's character giving it the 'ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE'...

Warmest regards.

Zul;753480 said:
Owning these 2 beasts, E92M3 & F10M5, these are 2 different kind of beast.

The M3 are light, agile and high revving. The power can really be unleashed at around 5500 rpm. It is very fast and easier to tame. The high revving engine is very addictive especially with the Akra.

The M5 are heavier but the higher torque allow it to climb the speed faster than M3, on paper its 0 to century about 0.2 sec faster than the M3. The power will be unleashed earlier than the M3, at around 1500 rpm. It is very fast but U need to learn to tame it properly then U will be happy driving it. That's why I could understand why the M5 was totalled during the media session.

In my opinion, the new M6 will combined these two M's character giving it the 'ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE'...

Warmest regards.

Well said doc.

The M5 is an uber sports saloon. If one expects it to handle like a M3, then no one will buy the M3. Each and every ///M car has its own specific market. M5 is like a muscle car, with practicality. Have anyone noticed how well padded the front seats are with all the creature comforts? When I drove the M5, I have to brake earlier and be gentle with the throttle input, below the bonnet that engine is a beast. You need to respect this beast!! Not easy to drive it to the limit, more so if you are an on-off throttle type of driver as it will go sideways easily. On the straight, it will pull away from the M3 easily.

If you prefer sharp handling, agility and more track focused driving then get the M3. It's natural habitat is on the track, you can do wonders with it and despite going lap after lap the NA engine can take all the abuse without breaking a sweat. I simply love that car, after driving it for 4 days on the track. I don't know if there is any car that offers so much fun and yet durable and practical.

Cheers

the M5 should not be compared to the M3...

my view earlier on the F10 M5 is based on my personal view compared to the E39 M5 & E60 M5...based on this, it was a bit of a let down with all the hype...still it's a great car...from all this three, I would sum up what I want based on my personal view on the M5 I want...hehe...

it should have the E60 M5 exterior design, S85B50 engine, F10 M5 Active Diff, F10 M5 DCT GB, F10 M5 iDrive, E39 M5 Seats, E60 M5 Suspension & Steering...

For me, just put that M5 engine into the M3, and a set of pilot cup tires!:)

I was riding shotgun on both JCKL's drives. The first one, in the M5 I think was excruciatingly slow lah. But you guys are right, I came out of the session wanting a M3 very badly. I even asked Rabian if buy under Ingress' Premium Selection got BSRI. He almost choked on his chewing gum, hahaha!

Btw John, there is a m3 gts for sale. Drove alongside during the open session with a Singaporean when I was doing my taxi rides, seriously fast! :)

AFAIK all M cars don't have BSRI. They scared to give BSRI when they know if there is then every week U all will be in the track.

M3 GTS, I don't mind trade-in my frozen grey for it...

ALBundy;753559 said:

... Have anyone noticed how well padded the front seats are with all the creature comforts?

I was told the front seat of the F10 M5 cost about RM 30k each...

Loved all the cars there wish i can have one of each! I think nobody wanted to drive the X6M cause i was alone in the car so there was nobody to take pictures for me :( good thing was that i drove the x6m for four laps cause i did not have to change :)

Top Bottom