BMW i Wallbox

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I'm not sure whether a common electrician would suffice. I'm sure BMW would be able to advise as to which electrician would be able to do it. As for me, i didn't go with the wallbox from BMW but instead went for a more generic one from Hager. The reason i did this was because of its IP57 certification as well as its more subtle design, i wanted something that would blend in to the background rather than shout out "hey look at me!". The company that installed this is based in PJ old town (near the wet market). Overall i'm very satisfied with their work as they did a thorough electrical health inspection at my home with proper registered electricians, not to mention they worked rather neatly as well.

I get what you mean with the BMW wallbox. It's definitely quite 'outstanding' but I got it for free with the recent BMW and greentech promotion. The personnel recommended by bmw are charging 'an arm and a leg' merely for the installation.

May I know how much did the guys from Hager charge you for the installation?

Vincent330e said:
I get what you mean with the BMW wallbox. It's definitely quite 'outstanding' but I got it for free with the recent BMW and greentech promotion. The personnel recommended by bmw are charging 'an arm and a leg' merely for the installation.

May I know how much did the guys from Hager charge you for the installation?
Really sorry for replying this late. But I was charged rm 500.00. Reason being I had originally ran some conduit directly from the fuse box to my garage (I originally had plans for a small wood workshop but then the kid(s) came along, so that plan was scrapped). I also got them to use my own cables as I had plenty leftovers from my previous projects. The installation took not more than an hour.

Really sorry for replying this late. But I was charged rm 500.00. Reason being I had originally ran some conduit directly from the fuse box to my garage (I originally had plans for a small wood workshop but then the kid(s) came along, so that plan was scrapped). I also got them to use my own cables as I had plenty leftovers from my previous projects. The installation took not more than an hour.
May I get the contact number as well?
Thanks
Zul

Hi

i am also seeking to install the wallbox if have the contact number of the eletrician pls whts up me at 0123329006

thank you

Hi Shan.
I just installed mine.
For your info we don’t really need three phase unless we are Tesla/full EV kind of vehicle. Therefore they installed it using single phase. Here is the number , Kevin Lim
+60 17 453 7750. Very good guy !
Good luck !

Hi all. Can i check if the single phase 15 Amp cable is sufficient for the wallbox?

Hi all. Can i check if the single phase 15 Amp cable is sufficient for the wallbox?
I’ve just installed the charger/wallbox with a single phase power point. But I would recommend to use the recommended cable as originally provided by the bmw.

I’ve just installed the charger/wallbox with a single phase power point. But I would recommend to use the recommended cable as originally provided by the bmw.

Original provided by BMW? What is the spec? I am not sure bro. Bought the car second hand.

I need to pull the wire from DB panel to connect with wallbox. Single phase wire will do?

Yes. Single phase supply will do. Let’s get the authorize personnel to do for you bro. Please refer my previous message as I gave the contact person. Very good guy and professional too.

Top Bottom