Bmw E46 Direct Steering

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KelvinTeoh

Banned
Direct Steering feel uncomfortable when travel at uneven road,directlyfeel the road through our steering,that is design for E46 and E36.for new BMW with Active Steering better.Have you feel it?the steering is busy when pass by uneven road,feel very uncomfortable for the Direct Steering from E46!

KelvinTeoh;348410 said:
Direct Steering feel uncomfortable when travel at uneven road,directly
feel the road through our steering,that is design for E46 and E36.
for new BMW with Active Steering better.
Have you feel it?the steering is busy when pass by uneven road,
feel very uncomfortable for the Direct Steering from E46!

I have the same problem just little bit improved after changed the control arm bush.
my machine said the suspension need to change.....is it true?

I think I experience this after changing the rim from 16" to 17" but only in moderate speed. In high speed it seems like gone. Is this common?

i dont feel it too at high speed
at low speed when i go through those speed breakers, the feeling is quite obvious, what more potholes

Are you guys using oversized tires? It usually happens when you are using oversized tires....

I'm using 225/45/17 all around. I don't think it is too oversized. I'm using Goodyear revspec @ 32psi. Could it be because harder sidewall?

some mechanics say it can be minimised if we use cross bar beneath the engine which may cause around rm1600, if i m not mistaken brand eibach..dont opt for no brand. Again it wont solve the prob, but minimise only. Mine, i also face this and very frustrating as malaysian's highway are mostly uneven one..

kazuya;367305 said:
I think I experience this after changing the rim from 16" to 17" but only in moderate speed. In high speed it seems like gone. Is this common?

Yes agree with u. Mostly happen at medium speed. The steering will follow the contour of the road. A bit dangerous overtaking other vehicles if there any uneven surface to be through. But this only for unfamiliar drivers driving UDM. Tyre size i think not the factor contributing. Maybe the suspension...

Test drive E46 325 & 328. 325 feel lighter than 328 & even E36. 328 feel more heavier & direct. Is it true?

It happens to mine too.
Usually is due to steering rack problem. Common for E46
To replace it, cost about 3k but still will have a little bit rattling.
It's just the matter of sooner or later to have this problem.
What i did was just live with it.

i also hav this problem..went to seong hoe malacca repair it but also cannot solve this problem,then i went to other workshop then i spend about 2k to change the steering column then problem solved

yeah..just posted the same prob today..no solution till now..fuhhh!!i study a lot under DSC chapter..i've changed new DSC sensor..new complete control arm..but the unconfortable feel still remain..

chaersha;387068 said:
yeah..just posted the same prob today..no solution till now..fuhhh!!i study a lot under DSC chapter..i've changed new DSC sensor..new complete control arm..but the unconfortable feel still remain..

Well you could always "underdrive" your pulleys by using UUC or even RUFF engineering. google it and you'll know what i'm talking about :D

Top Bottom