bmw e36 interior noise!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saintdagon

Club Guest
hi all,recently my door panels start to make "squek" whenever i go over hump or uneven road,my workshop in JB quoted me RM400 for replacingf all the cushion of the 4 panel to eliminate the noise,is the price reasonable?i try leather wax on the panel but to no avail,help pls!

If you know how to DIY, you can remove the door panels and see which are the parts causing the noises. Take the opportunity to replace those clips too. Maybe u wanna get a second opinion by asking another shop? For E36, the noise is usually from the seats.

Russie is right.

Change the door clip. I think the cost about RM2.00 from AB.

I dont remember seeing any spoonge on the door panel.

jarance;454685 said:
Russie is right.

Change the door clip. I think the cost about RM2.00 from AB.

I dont remember seeing any spoonge on the door panel.

The actual cost for door clip only 80cents.....original buy from BMW center....i already change..

if your seats are leather , another culprit is the centre console & seat belt .
wax the seat & try to adjsut the seat height as not to rub against the console .

hey guys,thanks for the reply,my seat caused noise too but majority of the squeking noise come from door panel,so by changing the door panel clip,the noise will be gone?or is there other cause for the noise?once again thanks for the help!!appreaciate it!

Yeah, i have some noises coming from my left front door too but only at certain speed. Sigh! Will try to check the clips too.

Cheers

Sham73;454701 said:
The actual cost for door clip only 80cents.....original buy from BMW center....i already change..

I think you are right. It is about 80 sen to a ringgit. :top:

enkil;454823 said:
Yeah, i have some noises coming from my left front door too but only at certain speed. Sigh! Will try to check the clips too.

Cheers

I had the same problem as well. It either coming from the left seat or the door mechanism. Did not resolve this but managed to reduce it by balancing my wheels. The wheel alignment was off and causing some vibration at certain speed. After alignment, the vibration is gone and hence the noise.

saintdagon;454753 said:
hey guys,thanks for the reply,my seat caused noise too but majority of the squeking noise come from door panel,so by changing the door panel clip,the noise will be gone?or is there other cause for the noise?once again thanks for the help!!appreaciate it!

Did you by any chance open your door panel before to fix the power window or the door lock? Sometime, the clip tends to be broken during the fixing back of the door panel. If the door clip are broken, chances is, that is the cause of the noise.

if u from JB than give me a call at 019-7310328. i solved all the problem bro by DIY....very low cost!!!

call me after 9pm we have a cup of coffee than i tell u all the tips...hehe

jarance;454845 said:
I think you are right. It is about 80 sen to a ringgit. :top:

extrabecarefull guy..some accessories and spepart shop sell at 8 ringgit to 20 ringgit...p/pcs the door clip REMEMBER DUNT BUY..get the ORI from BM Center is only 80sen p/pcs

My e60 very noisy also...am I qualified to tumpang here in this thread ah?

clockwork;454884 said:
if u from JB than give me a call at 019-7310328. i solved all the problem bro by DIY....very low cost!!!

call me after 9pm we have a cup of coffee than i tell u all the tips...hehe

Eh bro tell la what you did :p

My car is full of all these noises but there's nothing I can do about it. Even if I replace all the clips, I'm sure the noises will come back after a while thanks to our great malaysian roads. So I opted to just leave it as it is and live with it.

hey guys,i dun think the source of the noise is caused by broken panel clip as my door look intact and i had never open it to fix power window before,my mechanic suggested replacing the foams in the door panel.Do you guys think this will help?

ps: meanwhile turning up the volume of music definitely help!

sesat88;455911 said:
but BA expensive woh....:rolleyes:

Not really. Go and compare the prices with normal workshops. I got the engine oil filters at RM 17. Normal workshop charges RM 35 to RM 45 for the same thing. Haven't check the clip prices though. Do a bit of homework and you can really save a lot on these little parts.

Cheers

Guna;455857 said:
My e60 very noisy also...am I qualified to tumpang here in this thread ah?

Aiyo E60 also very noisy??? please define your "noisy" clearly...hahaha...my dad's 530i E60 doesn't make much noise unless you reach 5k rpm...hahahaha.... :top:

Top Bottom