BMW club malaysia newcomer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nikolaiski

Club Guest
Good day to all!My name is Amery and I currently live in Johor, working in Singapore. Recently I have been suckered back into BMWs having owned a 635csi in Sydney (cheap there lah) whilst I was studying there. The other day drove a friends 325i E30 up to KL and back....that was it! Time to get another classic BMW!!!However, I am new to the scene here in Malaysia and I lack the contacts of you bros. here, and I don't know what to look out for in the E30 (aside from getting a post 1989 model for increased rust resistance) What I am really looking for is to:build a sub 6 second 0-100km/h E30.use it for some drifting practise but mostly have it set up for a good compromise for track use/long distance driving.-------My initial plan was to get a 318i since one or two people here are planning to sell them off, and drop a 2.8i double vanos engine from the E36. However I do not know if this will fit. I have also heard of the 2.7L hartge engine. How much will that set me back by?Still in the brainstorming stage...hope you guys can offer suggestions on this next BIG project of mine :yes: many thanks!!!!

since PERFORMANCE is your aim, please please dun start with a E30 318.....cos it's not only the engine which needs replacing later for your speed quest.

start with a 325 straight off then you can mod, change, upgrade till your heart content. 0-100 in less 6 seconds? you r in supercar league, for its era.

my 2 cents advise and I have seen ppl crying already with the wrong base car......

good luck and welcum to club.

e30? get a good base car to start your project... a 323 or a 325... these are the top of the line models those days. both comes with full disc brakes and anti roll bar.

if you modding it, better go for the 325 cos it's a motronic engine, less mechanical parts to go wrong... better power and a good base to start.

if using it stock, i prefer 323, less hp and torque than 325 but better in the way of delivering it and way more revvier... easier to drive in city and highway.

sub 6 second 0-100kmh?? whoa! i think the e30 m3 also over 6 seconds. have to remember friend, this is 20 year old tech..... not last year car. point to remember....

1. be realistic in your expectation..... if not you'll be disappointed. eg spend rm6000 to do port polish, big bore throttle body, cold air intake, MAF conversion and hotter cams, do not expect you get instant 50hp.... power's not cheap

2. before modding, get various opinions from the sifus in the forum (not including me..I'm not one). dont just go and modify thinking it'll maximize power... there's always a reason why the engine is designed like that, and what makes you think you are better than BMW's engineer?......

then again... that's just my 2 aussie cents :D

oh i forgot....

in the words of a wise and grand old sifu who rules PNDC universe in a yellow submarine.....

STOCK IS BEST

thank you :yes:

Originally posted by DingChavez@Dec 1 2005, 07:34 AM
oh i forgot....

in the words of a wise and grand old sifu who rules PNDC universe in a yellow submarine.....

STOCK IS BEST

Thats probably because after his mod, he is still slower than my old beat up car? No?? :D :rofl:

Originally posted by DingChavez@Dec 1 2005, 05:04 PM
oh i forgot....

STOCK IS BEST

Woi... Ding Ding....!!! :angry:

you've taken all the words out of my mouth. :) maybe I shud appoint you as PNDC spokeman.

nikolaiski

Thk better to tell us how much you willing to spend to reach sub6. Not many E30 in M'sia that can do this kinda figures.
At least with an idea of the budget you hv, those sifus can advice you. I'm probably the last person to look for advise when it comes to mods.

nikolaiski,

want me to breakdown the bills of my mods to you..???
believe me... :) you wont feel justify by it.

Get an E30 it is....but plunked in a M50B25 for more reliable. :yes: Belive me la. B)

but to get unbder 6 secs.....very hard oh.. :blink:

oi zoggee,

dont dissapoint the guy laaaa... teach him tha art of making your car to the sprint in under 6 second..... kesian lah dia

Bottom line is simple, wanna get below also 5 secs also possible. The only thing is how deep is your wallet!! Modding BMWs are not cheap, you will probably get better returns with a JDM! :)

Originally posted by DingChavez@Dec 1 2005, 05:51 PM
oi zoggee,

dont dissapoint the guy laaaa... teach him tha art of making your car to the sprint in under 6 second..... kesian lah dia
not trying to diss him off...

after modding my car with mountains of moolah.I only manage to get 20hp and 35NM of torque increase from it. and reliablity is a big issue here.Dun believe those shit of cams that increases 10 hp...chips 10hp...but ended up spending the uneccesarily.

why not get the M50 or the M engine and play with it lor.stock with plenty of torque....no reliability issue at all.

have to agree with you... nikolaiski dont take this as a discouragement. just to plant you feet on the ground.... anyways a BMW is always nice... whether it's stock or modded :yes:

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 1 2005, 06:08 PM
Bottom line is simple, wanna get below also 5 secs also possible. The only thing is how deep is your wallet!! Modding BMWs are not cheap, you will probably get better returns with a JDM! :)
:D long live toyota's 4AGE !!!!!!! :D

????? :dunno: where's the Always in Duh Workshop 320i ??? scared ah???? :nyehehe:

Top Bottom