BMW Airbag Safe or Not Safe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

F10 CREW

Clueless Newbie
With the recent issue of the massive TAKATA airbag recall due to certain death confirmed that it was caused by the same airbag that sole purpose was to save life, cause me to raise these questions :

1. Is our 'Local" BMW airbag affected?
2. Is the "recond" BMW airbag affected? If yes, from which countries?
3. For those whom have changed to M-Sport steering wheels, how do you check if your airbag is not affected?

Your kind advise is greatly appreciated with many thanks.

Yours Faithfully,
F10 Crew

I guess the most reliable answer is to get from BMW itself.
I contacted BMW Voice and gave my car VIN number, they confirmed it is not affected.

-------------
Thank you for contacting BMW Voice.
Kindly be informed that we have checked both your vehicle details against our Takata recall list and that your vehicles are not within the list. Please rest assured that your vehicles are not affected by the Takata recall as it only affected certain batches of vehicles produced in 2014.
Thank you.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,
-------------

Thanks to Aramis & Biemmioru for your feedback.

How about some of us that has changed to a M Sport steering wheel? How do we check if our airbag is safe? Is there a website whereby we can key in the serial number of our air bag to determined if its from the 'safe batch'?

Appreciate any feedback

I went to Ingress Bandar Puteri. The receptionist informed me the SC will contact me. That was July 2018. Despite repeated calls, I never got thru to the SC and the reply is always the same. SC will contact me. So frustrated, what can I do now?

Top Bottom