BMW 5series parked under blazing hot Malaysian sun throughout the year

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

isurfer3

Club Guest
Hi, I am considering getting myself a E60 523i SE as I'm getting a really good deal as I'm a returning Malaysian (similar deal as MM2H). However, i got some questions maybe someone may have sound advice based on experience. 1) I worked in Malaysia at a location where there's no shaded car park. So the car would be exposed to the extreme heat of Malaysia climate. I'm wondering if anybody encountered problems related to the heat. Already I heard that BMW has more problems than its competitors i.e. Mercedes and Lexus2) The warranty offered by AutoBavaria includes 2 years warranty, unlimited mileage of parts. And 3 years (or 60,000km whichever earlier) for service. Am I missing something, or this is really a good deal?! many thanks for your inputs.

G'day mate. What do you mean by heat-related problems? I reckon parking your car under the blazing hot sun for long hours will only increase the temperature inside the car and hence causes extreme discomfort when you get inside. Blast the air-con and the leather seats should cool down soon enough. Other than that, perhaps your paint will also have a shorter life span especially the roof. I heard there are waxes nowadays that reflects certain % of UV rays etc.....

Having good quality tint will also help combat the high temperature problem.

Here's some sound advise:

1) "Already I heard that BMW has more problems than its competitors i.e. Mercedes and Lexus"

- Well you heard wrong or from the wrong people. I would like to think the salt spread in the ice in winter in temperate countries causes more harm on cars than the Malaysian heat. Secondly, I believe that BMW, Mercedes, Volvo and other marques spends considerable time, effort and money in their development process to perform grueling testing regime in much harsher climes than Malaysia. BMW like several other makers, perform their hot weather testing in Death Valley - the most consistently driest and hottest place on earth. Take it from me BMW is no worse than other marques in terms of the effects of the Malaysian heat. As much as I like the Lexus, it has not been sold in enough numbers in this country to make a fair assessment of it.

2) The warranty offered by AutoBavaria includes 2 years warranty, unlimited mileage of parts. And 3 years (or 60,000km whichever earlier) for service. Am I missing something, or this is really a good deal?!

- The postings here will clear the air. http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27942&page=3

All u need is this.. :wink:

Bubber-Sun-Shade.jpg

get bicycle better.. Can park under shade what.. can be park in your room in the office also.. will not worry from sun and rain also.. Malaysia got acid rain.. very dangerous to your car... beware...

Or do like a friend of mine. He hung up his Harley and Honda Racer up on a wall cos he cant ride anymore.

saat;432986 said:
I second that.

And remember to buy 2 sets to cover the big windscreens front/back. And then another 2 sets of the single-window version for the sides. All these, including good tinting, only meaningful if the car isn't under hot sun for more than a few hours (some say under 4hrs). If the car is black (or equiv), temperature will rise sooner. It's cooking inside no matter what if it's a whole day. But at least no direct sun get thru.

very easy to solve this problem. whenevver you park, just pack in your boot two industrial umbrellas. like those used in the pasar malams. should be enuf to solve the problem.

Top Bottom