BMW 330e

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gaszer

Club Guest
Guys, what are your thoughts on the newly launch 330e?

i can see why people would buy the x5 for RM388k, which sees a savings of RM120k++. But the 330e is supposedly worth RM368k without EEV incentives.

Looking to buy a 3 series. Was going for the 320d initially (pre-reg units) but since the government push for B10 diesel, bring some uncertainty. Don't know it Euro 5 will continue to be available in the long run.

330i is no more in production. No pre-reg units available as well.

Hence, only left with 320i and 330e.

I am somewhat surprised that they axed the 330i in Msia.

Just prior to introducing the 330e, BMW Msia reduced the 330i Msport price to RM268 800.

see http://paultan.org/2016/08/17/bmw-promo-3-series-5-series-2-series-at-gt-x6-up-to-rm70k-off/bmw-promo-prices/

That's RM20k more expensive than the 330e but the 330i with adaptive Msport suspension and 200kgs lighter, thats say 2.5 large adults extra.

see comparison http://www.carbase.my/car-comparison?id=CYN1SwuSoa,AtB4OeMQwU,

BMW Msia should have allowed the public a wider choice.

I personally don't like the diesel but if given a choice, I don't mind trying the hybrid.

I just taken delivery of my 330e. This is my third hybrids. Been driving hybrids since 2012 but this 330e is more interesting and definitely a new experience.

Just got my 330e last week. Overall happy except a few small things that need to get used to. I.e engine shutdown when open drivers door and can watch movie while driving. Anyone has solution for this?

mikjoe said:
Just got my 330e last week. Overall happy except a few small things that need to get used to. I.e engine shutdown when open drivers door and can watch movie while driving. Anyone has solution for this?
Are you using home plug for charging or installed wallbox? How long for charging full?

I have placed the booking since 16 Sep 2016 from Quill PJ, till now still unable to deliver the car. :motz:

Waiting so long and finally drove home yesterday. The first thing I would like to find was how to charge the car, because the dealer didn't charge for me as indicated on the dashboard the battery usage was 12% left :68: .

Few things to highlight in my first experience of the car (further more to discover later):

1. Notice that the iDrive has upgraded to 5.0 which is similar interface with 7 series https://youtu.be/MzQTU5hBALs which is different when I was test drive the car on September 2016.

2. It was cool to has BMW ConnectedDrive either view from the website or app to check the battery charging status. The first charge was from 9% to fully charge in 5.5 hrs using domestic home plug and the charging current setting was set to 'Low' in the iDrive.
Unexpected behaviour, when the charging cable has plug-in and switch on, I can hear the car engine fan sounds was suddenly turn on and after few minutes then quietly and continue charging. [After reading the manual book now it makes sense. At high temperatures, high-voltage battery is first cooled. Charging procedure can start with delay. The charging process may take longer at particularly low or high temperatures.]

3. When 100% fully charge, the estimation of electric drive is 31km as indicated. Of course, the actual mileage still depends on the driving mode selected and driving style.

4. What else? Let me find out more to share.

Congrats bro.
When u drive in save battery mode you can charge the batt up to about 50%. The max I got was 53%. If you use sport mode it chargers slightly faster (thats what i felt).

"car engine fan sounds was suddenly turn on and after few minutes then quietly and continue charging" - dont worry thats normal.
To charge at home take about 4-6 hous depending on the balance batt %. If you want to charge at public area i.e. Petronas, KLCC, or any ChargeNow ports need Type 2 cable which costs about RM1100.

jnc621 said:
Waiting so long and finally drove home yesterday. The first thing I would like to find was how to charge the car, because the dealer didn't charge for me as indicated on the dashboard the battery usage was 12% left :68: .

Few things to highlight in my first experience of the car (further more to discover later):

1. Notice that the iDrive has upgraded to 5.0 which is similar interface with 7 series https://youtu.be/MzQTU5hBALs which is different when I was test drive the car on September 2016.

2. It was cool to has BMW ConnectedDrive either view from the website or app to check the battery charging status. The first charge was from 9% to fully charge in 5.5 hrs using domestic home plug and the charging current setting was set to 'Low' in the iDrive.
Unexpected behaviour, when the charging cable has plug-in and switch on, I can hear the car engine fan sounds was suddenly turn on and after few minutes then quietly and continue charging. [After reading the manual book now it makes sense. At high temperatures, high-voltage battery is first cooled. Charging procedure can start with delay. The charging process may take longer at particularly low or high temperatures.]

3. When 100% fully charge, the estimation of electric drive is 31km as indicated. Of course, the actual mileage still depends on the driving mode selected and driving style.

4. What else? Let me find out more to share.
Dear jnc621,
Good info sharing.
I got my 330e delivered end of Oct. When I checked my iDrive - look like it's an earlier version.
Any idea how to upgrade this to the latest as yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LD5251 said:
Dear jnc621,
Good info sharing.
I got my 330e delivered end of Oct. When I checked my iDrive - look like it's an earlier version.
Any idea how to upgrade this to the latest as yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi,
I didn't do it myself. It was comes with it when I collected the car. The best way is to ask your dealer to arrange the upgrade from the workshop for you. I expect it should be free. Alternative, do it yourself with risk to download the software from the bmw website.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html

Does anyone owned the chargeNow card and used the chargeEV station for 330e?

jnc621 said:
Hi,
I didn't do it myself. It was comes with it when I collected the car. The best way is to ask your dealer to arrange the upgrade from the workshop for you. I expect it should be free. Alternative, do it yourself with risk to download the software from the bmw website.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html
Not sure if it covers MY made vehicles also? I tried inputting my VIN, it says not found.

Got my 330e in mid October. So far the car itself is brillant. However, some quality/manufacturing issues is distracting from the experience. My car has been back to the workshop twice in two months. Once to replace the rear facing camera of the car eye. Now back to the workshop again as aircon pipe is leaking causing water to soak into cabin via the central tunnel near the gear shift. Too bad local assembly/QA is not up to par and ruining ownership experience of an otherwise great car. Any other 330E owners experiencing this?

KC330E said:
Got my 330e in mid October. So far the car itself is brillant. However, some quality/manufacturing issues is distracting from the experience. My car has been back to the workshop twice in two months. Once to replace the rear facing camera of the car eye. Now back to the workshop again as aircon pipe is leaking causing water to soak into cabin via the central tunnel near the gear shift. Too bad local assembly/QA is not up to par and ruining ownership experience of an otherwise great car. Any other 330E owners experiencing this?
Too bad for the 1st experience.
Suggest you report to Tribunal Penguna at https://ttpm.kpdnkk.gov.my/portal/index.php/my/ and get your frustration responded officially. Also for a wake up call for BMW Assemble Team.

KC330E said:
So far I didn't encounter the aircon leaking issue. If not mistaken, the car eye is an additional device (optional) you have installed, right?

jnc621 said:
So far I didn't encounter the aircon leaking issue. If not mistaken, the car eye is an additional device (optional) you have installed, right?

Top Bottom