BMW 318 (A) 1996

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rizalm

Club Guest
Hi guys,This is my first time writing something in the BMW Club Malaysia forum. Thinking of upgrading my Proton Wira to a BMW 318i (A), preferably the 1994-1997 model.I have a general question to all the BMW experts out there. I've compiled a selling price list of BMW 318i (1994-1997) from three sources for the past two weeks - The Star Newspaper, www.autoworld.com.my & Motor Trader magazine.By far, many people are selling the 1996 model. Is there some particular reason for this?Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe after ten years harder to get loan???
Anyways if u r interested in a E36 318 Auto 1997 do pm me...RM 56K
Thanks

True, harder to get loan for cars more than 10 years old and if can get, higher interest rates too. It was the same during the time when I bought my ex-E36 1994 model in 2004. I just managed to squeeze in before the 10 years deadline.... :D

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I agree with the loan issue. How about the engine? Any problems with the 318i 1996 model?

318i yr 1996 should be M43 engine with timing chain.
Had a good experience with my previous 318i :)

Good luck and choice bro,

Pls hurry since almost 10 years.
Just got my very first udm and really different.
Almost settle for civic 1.7. lucky find good one.
M43 timing chain should be no prob. pm me to share experince

Hi Initial,

I also have to keep some cash in hand just in case I have to do some minor repairs. Just wondering, how much does a new timing chain cost?

i read this forum , there is one thread regarding timing chain. maybe u can do a search for that. if i am not mistaken, timing chain need to chain when ur car clock at 300k.

Hi Green Killer,

Yup all my friends ask me to check the gearbox. I heard a re-cond gearbox cost around 3k and above, if your lucky.

Hi guys,

Now i am thinking to change from my Proton wira to 318i e36 by end of this month and how to know the Engine is ok or not and what should i do to take a look before i buy it

Any feedback would be great

The most important thing you can do, when looking at a used car, is to find an absolutely trustworthy and knowledgeable mechanic and have him/her look over/inspect the vehicle.

Loan issue aside, getting a 4potter won't give you much headache. Believe it or not, I spend less than RM10k on maintenance and replacing wear and tear parts after 5 years of enjoying an E36 318i (1995 and yes, it's timing chained). Hehehe...of course more money went into beautifying it increasing some horsepower here and there. Eg, adding side skirts increase 5 BHPs, added M3 mirrors, another 5 BHPs gained, added in AC rear spoiler, also gained another 5BHPs.....so all in all, I think my ex-E36 was one of the fastest on the road....321BHPs. Faster than some M3s..muahahaha...

I hope the new owner will be blessed with such good luck too.... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, you will have no regrets joning this forum and eventually the club as an official member. I'm am pretty certain most of the forumers here will help you in terms of recommendation of a good workshop and places where to get cheap and reliable parts.

Our resident racuner Mr Zoggee is the President of the Donut Black Underground Society and poison you to death he shall.....muahahaha.....

Welcome to a world where you wallet isnever deep enough! :)

Originally posted by bazet@Apr 11 2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone spotted a 318iS ( E36 ) please do mention me :)
hi bro?? wat happen to u???
so long quite2 wan!!! :D
no longer e34 aaarr?? :nyehehe:

Having recently bought a e36 318i, 1995 M43 from a famous member of the club with 321BHPS I can dare say that the maintainance of such model with such age doesn't require much maintainance.

Usual wear and tear is unavoidable. Regular servicing will be sufficient. In terms of gearbox well depends on the previous usage of the previous owner, but thenagain all 2nd hand cars are unpredictable.

Make sure you have a reliable mechanic to evaluate the car before purchase. Don't rush into the deal and regret afterward.

Loan for a 10yr old car will not be an issue, I got 3% for mine :nyehehe:

Originally posted by Daredevil@Apr 11 2006, 08:22 PM
Loan issue aside, getting a 4potter won't give you much headache. Believe it or not, I spend less than RM10k on maintenance and replacing wear and tear parts after 5 years of enjoying an E36 318i (1995 and yes, it's timing chained). Hehehe...of course more money went into beautifying it increasing some horsepower here and there. Eg, adding side skirts increase 5 BHPs, added M3 mirrors, another 5 BHPs gained, added in AC rear spoiler, also gained another 5BHPs.....so all in all, I think my ex-E36 was one of the fastest on the road....321BHPs. Faster than some M3s..muahahaha...

I hope the new owner will be blessed with such good luck too.... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, you will have no regrets joning this forum and eventually the club as an official member. I'm am pretty certain most of the forumers here will help you in terms of recommendation of a good workshop and places where to get cheap and reliable parts.

Our resident racuner Mr Zoggee is the President of the Donut Black Underground Society and poison you to death he shall.....muahahaha.....

Welcome to a world where you wallet isnever deep enough! :)
woi.... :huh: why am I dragged in..??? :unsure:

Top Bottom